What's new

Another dang Texan

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all, I’m Necron99, aka Jeff, from north central TX. I have a wife, two grown kids but one is still at home going to college, a brother next door and couple cats. I work for a great manufacturing company about 10 minutes from my house and love it. I used to sail boats, ride motorcycles, and shoot a lot but now just shoot, and not a whole lot. I started smoking cigars last year, I was a cigarette smoker and quit with the help of e-cigarettes and still vape all the time, but it was missing something so I tried a cigar and it seemed to satisfy me nicely. I smoke about once or twice a week when the weather is good, less when it isn’t. I like maduro, corojo and Cameroon a lot, not a mild flavor guy - likely because smoking cigarettes for over half my life burned out my sense of taste.

Anyway, happy to be allowed to join this brotherhood and hoping to get some ideas and suggestions about building out a lounge in my storage building from folks that have been there and done that, and hosting herfs some time in the future.

Peace – Necron99

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to the asylum! Looking forward to hearing more from you, as we have several things in common, boats, MC's and shooting!
And cigars, I would presume. :joyful:

I had a Corodado 15' I sailed on many lakes in the area, PK, Granbury. Eagle Mountain, White Rock, and Ray Roberts. Sailed with a buddy in his 25' AMC on local lakes a bunch and again on his 32' boat that I can't remember the maker of, but that was a New Hampshire to Castine, Maine trip in open water, lots of fun.

As for bikes, I've had only a few, last one was a 2000 Suzuki Intruder 1400 I put many miles on. When I sold it my plan was to get a V-Strom 650, but just haven't pulled that trigger yet. I am wanting to ride from Key West to Prudhoe Bay some day, but chances dwindle as I age, kind of sucks but that's how it is.

I've been shooting since I was a kid, I joined the Army when I was 17 because they let me shoot guns (happiness is belt fed, just saying.) Over the years shooting paper got a bit boring, so I started shooting shotguns, skeet and trap mostly because I have access to those and no local sporting clay course, but I really enjoy it. Still hunting the "perfect round", I've hit 24 out of 25 several times, even missed on the last shot once, so until I get 25, I have a reason to keep shooting.

Thanks for the welcome, Peace.

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have had my Captain's License since 1978, worked on the Mississippi, Atchafalaya, Mobile, and Mermentau Rivers, and the Gulf Coast ICWW, Nearly forty years. I have operated riverboats from 800 HP to 10,500 HP, pushed tows 40+ barges. I also taught Nautical Sciences for nearly 10 years. Now I am retired. I have had a BMW K1200LT, rode nearly 70k miles on it, I now ride a Honda ST1300A, have nearly 60K miles on it. I typically shoot a 45 ACP, but also long guns and shotguns. Never was very good at killing skeet, not to mention how hard it is to eat, kinda gritty. Also I burn tobacco, cigars only. I have a few favorites, A. Fuente Don Carlos, Foundation Tabernacle, and El Cubano shaggy foot Domincan, to mention a few.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd say you've done a lot more sailing than I; I'm just a recreational sailor. As for skeet, you just need the right sauce. LOL

So far, my favorite cigars in no particular order are LFD Air bender, LFD Double Ligero Maduro, LFD Andalusian Bull, Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo, Camacho Triple Maduro, Oliva Serie V, and Padron 1926 and 1964 maduro. I like trying new cigars, and I do mini reviews on my facebook page that a few of my friends like, but mostly so I can look back and see what I like and what I didn’t so I can get more of the good stuff.

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the Brotherhood!

I'm really into shooting as well. Gotta love Defending The Second my dude.

Thank you for your service in the Army!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome from Tennessee Jeff! You reload by any chance?

Always good to see more smoking shack build outs. :)
No, I don't reload, just shoot factory ammo. Can't wait to get started on the lounge. The walls and ceiling are made of OSB, anyone know how to finish that type of material without screwing it up? I have seen use oil based paint because the latex may swell the wood strands, but more info would be good.