What's new

Another Newbie, from Philly's subburbs

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Yep, yet another newbie here from a tad above Philadelphia -- I'm about a half hour's drive east from Reading PA, and an hour from Allentown... yes, in the boonies... Been smoking "cigars" (if you can call the dog rockets that) since 1996 or so, but only recently got away from the gas- station- specials.

Let's see, a little about myself - I'm a scientist (Cell Culture / Teratology - birth defects), finishing up my Masters degree at Jefferson, working in the Malvern PA area, and I'm a fly fishing fanatic (hence the "Zugbug" as part of my login).

Not sure how to describe my tastes in cigars - I suppose that complex, full flavored, and somewhat sweet (but not sickingly/ sacharin sweet) is somewhat close... I smoke everything from mild to full bodied cigars, but prefer spice and flavor changes with a tobacco sweetness - most are maduros. Some of my favorite smokes: Joya de Nicaragua Antano, Don Pepin Garcia, Pelo de Oro (Felipe Gregorio's newer smoke), 5 Vegas serie A, Fonseca Habana Selecion, CAO Brazillia, Felipe Dominicana White label (again, mild but full flavor)... etc... Favorite size is robusto grande (5x54), as I enjoy a larger rg for the cooler smoke but often don't have more than an hour to enjoy.

Ok, enough of a book here - thanks for having this board, and I hope to learn a lot from it!
ZugbugPete
:welcome:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A "Zugbug" is the name of a specific fly-fishing pattern/ lure. It was originally designed by a guy named J. Cliff Zug, hence the name, and is thought by many to be one of a few "must fish" flies.

Simply put, I'm a fly fishing fiend... and yes, it is difficult to cast and smoke a cigar at the same time - but I mannage ;)

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
A "Zugbug" is the name of a specific fly-fishing pattern/ lure. It was originally designed by a guy named J. Cliff Zug, hence the name, and is thought by many to be one of a few "must fish" flies.

Simply put, I'm a fly fishing fiend... and yes, it is difficult to cast and smoke a cigar at the same time - but I mannage ;)

see? you learn something new everyday on this site... :thumbsup: