What's new

Another storage question

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I order 15 CoRo's that came in box, inside was 5 smaller boxes with 3 cigars in each. My question is there any problem storing them in these cardboard boxes or should i take them out?

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a matter of preference, but also depends to some extent on how long you intend to store them. If you're going to smoke them within a year or so, I wouldn't think it would make any difference. If you want to age them beyond that and you like the flavors that Spanish cedar impart to an aged cigar, then you might want to think about taking them out of the cardboard.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I haven't come across this situation yet. I would switch any long term storage items to cedar boxes. Long term being a year or more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coppertop

Hi Ya Fellas
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Me I would take them out for the same reason I remove celo....I think that the visually would look better and age better around cedar. My .02

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have some Esplendidos packaged the same way. I've left them in the boxes. They're not like airtight or anything so I figure they'll get enough humidity and cedar aromoa circulating around them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mad Dawg said:
Definitely a matter of preference, but also depends to some extent on how long you intend to store them. If you're going to smoke them within a year or so, I wouldn't think it would make any difference. If you want to age them beyond that and you like the flavors that Spanish cedar impart to an aged cigar, then you might want to think about taking them out of the cardboard.
:smt045

Barry

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What I did with some lanceros packed in the same way was putting the whole thing in a varnished cedar box.. the less air getting to them, the slower but better end result IMO.. at least when talking 5+ years.. the lanceros are from -98 and are smoking great now. The cardboard itself doesn't do anything, not stopping air nor humidity and really quickly gets the same humidity level as the surrounding.. I have never tasted any flavour imparement from the cardboard either so I figured, why not leave them in it.. at least it'll help protect the wrappers from sharp fingernails when you take one out to inspect. The cabinet and the humidor overall holds so much spanish cedar that I doubt it'll make any difference on that level... just my 2 cents though.