What's new

Any bikers around?

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'm about to start biking since a friend just gave me his mountain bike, a Montague Paratrooper apparently which is in great shape. I've been reading and biking very little but its been very exciting to start joining the bike community.
So, is there any biker here who can show off his bike and tips for biking?

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I bike a lot and really enjoy it. I don't have anything fancy though and I actually prefer it that way, it makes maintenance simple. I ride a beach cruiser to work and around town. I keep a bag on the bike with spare tires a bicycle multi-tool and a small tire pump just in case. If you haven't had a chance buy a nice headlight and go out night riding, it's a ton of fun and is often cooler outside.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Trust me when I tell you its addicting your new bike will turn into bikes...just give it time :D
I have a road, fixed, and tri bike...all equally fun...
but as stated above by @Hoshneer keep some tubes and co2 w/you / pump and keep safety in mind....the drivers are ruthless out there....cheers be safe

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I used to ride 100+ miles a week... really miss it. I've made a couple attempts to get back on it, but have yet to get back to a rhythm.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I bike a lot and really enjoy it. I don't have anything fancy though and I actually prefer it that way, it makes maintenance simple. I ride a beach cruiser to work and around town. I keep a bag on the bike with spare tires a bicycle multi-tool and a small tire pump just in case. If you haven't had a chance buy a nice headlight and go out night riding, it's a ton of fun and is often cooler outside.
Can you point me out in Amazon or another store online those items?
Also, is it that great to bike at night? I feel weird biking at dawn...I can't imagine at night.

Trust me when I tell you its addicting your new bike will turn into bikes...just give it time :D
I have a road, fixed, and tri bike...all equally fun...
but as stated above by @Hoshneer keep some tubes and co2 w/you / pump and keep safety in mind....the drivers are ruthless out there....cheers be safe
Well, wish I could get hooked up with it but my budget doesn't allow me to buy bikes as I wish. I'm getting the Montague as a gift from a dear friend of mine but before that all I could afford was a used bike. We'll see how I get excited with this bike and how I can invest more in the hobby.

I used to ride 100+ miles a week... really miss it. I've made a couple attempts to get back on it, but have yet to get back to a rhythm.
With what bike? Share pictures!

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
The bike is hanging in the office and has been for 2 years... not really worth photographing.

It is a 2005 Fuji Roubaix Pro I picked up on clearance from my old buddy's bike shop.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Can you point me out in Amazon or another store online those items?
Also, is it that great to bike at night? I feel weird biking at dawn...I can't imagine at night.

Well, wish I could get hooked up with it but my budget doesn't allow me to buy bikes as I wish. I'm getting the Montague as a gift from a dear friend of mine but before that all I could afford was a used bike. We'll see how I get excited with this bike and how I can invest more in the hobby.

With what bike? Share pictures!
Check out Bike Nashbar, and Performance Bike online. Those are the two I used when I commuted on a mountain bike...many, many years ago.