What's new

Any brothers from Chicago?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi Guys,
So i'm going to chicago next month with my girlfriend. What she doesn't know is that i'm planning to propose to her while we are there! Looking for advice from anyone who is from Chicago or is familiar with the city on potential places i could pop the question. We are staying right near Navy Pier so that was an option but not 100% sold on that yet. Any ideas?

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
i lived in the burbs of chicago for quite a while as a younger lad. i dunno about places to propose really...buckingham fountain is pretty cool at night, promontory point is a really popular couples spot, the skating ribbon although i think you'll be too early for it, jackson park has a cool asian style garden i went to after prom but i cant remeber the name, skydeck might be an interesting thing although i personally would never go up there. It's a shame you aren't going during xmas, chicago has great decorations.

as for just fun stuff to do I think all the museums and stuff in chicago are great fun. I always try to hit up the shed and the lincoln park zoo, and the art institute (although i know this is more niche but i like art) when I'm up to visit. there's a bunch of other less obvious staple tourism stuff too, but if it's your first time then I'd still recommend those places. the city has tons of great theatre and jazz bars too if thats something you would be into.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Do you want to stay in the city? Many options and all depends on what you what.
Look up the Garden of the Phoenix. This is a garden south of the city, and you can get to it fairly easy. Has this little bridge that could work.
Museum Campus- you'll have the whole skyline in the back.
You can always pop the question at the Willis Tower Skydeck. I think they even have one area where you can get a picture.

Let know what you are looking for, and I can maybe help you out.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We're staying at the W right on the lake just north of Navy Pier. I was looking at the Londonhouse Hotel rooftop right on the river walk as a potential spot. Any of you guys been up there before?

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
We're staying at the W right on the lake just north of Navy Pier. I was looking at the Londonhouse Hotel rooftop right on the river walk as a potential spot. Any of you guys been up there before?
Yes, not too bad. Can get a little packed with people at times. The view is a little different. Google it, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

At the end of the day, it's about what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hi Guys,
So i'm going to chicago next month with my girlfriend. What she doesn't know is that i'm planning to propose to her while we are there! Looking for advice from anyone who is from Chicago or is familiar with the city on potential places i could pop the question. We are staying right near Navy Pier so that was an option but not 100% sold on that yet. Any ideas?
Somewhere far away from Chicago! LOL I hate that place. CONGRATS BRO and FINGERS CROSSED FOR YA!

Stupid Tapatalk