What's new

Any Cigar of the Month Clubs Worth It?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just throwing a general question out there. I thought I might be a good way to try a variety of different cigars, but I was worried if most of them out there just send you garbage.

I was also wondering if anyone knew of a "of the Month" club that let you pick a body strength (Mild, Med, Med-Full, Full, etc) preference.

Thanks!

DnG

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I joined the Cigars Intl club when I first started out. They send you some pretty good cigars, not all of them are duds. It was definitely worth it at the time, but once I figured out what I liked I ended the membership.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I too suggest a newbie sampler or post ISO a sampler to try in the appropriate section. Most companies I use do not offer a cigar of the month club.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I too was a member of the CI cigar club. I got a few that I really liked and a few that I ddn't like at all. But that is the idea isn't it? I think that for the most part I recieved 2 good name brand cigars, 1 "border" stick that sometimes turned out to be pretty good, and one no name that generally sucked. All in all, I'd say that its a good way to sample different sticks, but I wouldn't stay a member for more than half a year or so.

The Newbie Sampler from the board here is a great source (probably better).

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I also think you are better off with a sampler from the brothers here. The cigar of the month clubs, IMHO are for people who enjoy the occasional cigar but aren't all that interested in developing their pallete. You are much more likely to end up with higher grade smokes coming from the brothers here than a Cigar of the Month Club.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the opinions.

I probably fall into the occasional category (1-2...sometimes 3 per week), but I'll give the newbie pack a look. Problem is, I took a chance on the JR Cigar's Trick or Treat pack 2006, and I'm stocked up pretty well right now.