What's new

Any experience with leafonly.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey, just wondering if anyone has bought anything through leafonly.com ? I'm looking to buy some whole leaf tobacco. Any input is appreciated. Thanx.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Cool....Wasn't aware you could purchase whole leaves.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do with whole leaves? create your own pipe blends?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Cool....Wasn't aware you could purchase whole leaves.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do with whole leaves? create your own pipe blends?
I'm going to try my hand at rolling my own sticks. I've got a mold and everything else is pretty ordinary (knife, pizza cutter, cutting board ).

What does everyone think of a blend of Connecticut shade and broad leaf filler, broad leaf binder and their "Havana leaf" wrapper?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Heres a couple pics of the mold I bought. Its an old Camacho mold. I will be able to make a Parejo up to 7" long with a 44RG. I'm thinking I'll start with a corona size 5 5/8 x 44.

I'm moving next weekend so It will be a couple weeks before I get going on this.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
No experience with that site, but pretty damn cool...where'd you get the mold?

Dan
Ebay. $38 shipped. I'm nervous about storing a lot of tobacco though, with the risk of mold. I may just start with a small amount, like one pound and get some practice making sticks with just one leaf variety.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I had, smoked and reviewed a cigar that was rolled by on e of our brothers here. I'll have to dig thru and find out who made it for me. I'll be back.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gifted some whole tobacco leaf, a mold and chaveta. I made them once and they came out ok, did get them as tight as I should/could have. I will try doing them again, hell maybe soon after reading this.

I have not used that company, never heard of them. But now that I do know I may try to get something from them. Here is another site that sells tobacco and tools otoaocigars. com

When you get your tobacco it is dry, you only wet what you plan on using. So you store it dry, it will not mold. If you wet it and then don't use it and let it dry back out, it will lose its flavor. You don't have to wet the filler when using it.

Good luck and post pictures.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tx tuff...
Thanx for sharing your pics! I have a couple questions...
Can you tell me about how many cigars your able to make per pound of leaf?
Do you use one variety of leaf or blend multiple varieties ?
In general, how do your sticks come out ?

They look great!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok you ready, I can't tell you to much LOL. The tobacco was gifted to me so I really can't even tell you how much it was (per lbs). It wasn't all the same, was different primings and even two different wrappers. The big leaf in the picture is Connecticut and it was beautiful! The other wrapper was Sumatra and it was beat up and hard to deal with. Took me longer then I thought rolling the filler and binder, then let it set in the press overnight and put the wrappers on the next day. Not as easy as I thought it would be. Like I said the Sumatra was hell. So that one batch is all I rolled, it was last summer. I have only smoked one Sumatra and it was young and kinda bitter so haven't smoked another one, it did burn great.

Since you have started this thread it makes me want to try and roll some more, and think I may smoke a Conny wrapped one tonight, they have been sitting a long while. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Have you watched in person anybody roll from start to finish? I had seen many put wrappers on blanks (pre rolled filler and binder) and had even done that myself, but this was a big difference. I had seen one roller once do it all and it did help having seen it in person once.

Like I said good luck and post pics!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I screwed up and grabbed a Sumatra one instead of the Conny. Didn't have much taste, nothing I would buy from a store thats for sure. But believe it or not the thing burned perfect! I need to try some different tobacco and roll some more.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm planning to order my leaf end of next week so it will arrive the following week at my new place. I'm thinking a pound of Havana and a pound of maduro conn broad leaf. I don't want to spend a ton and not have it work out too well.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just a little update. I ordered my leaf tonight. One lb Havana leaf, and one lb broad leaf maduro. Also ordered pectin and the capped tool. Can't wait !

Status
Not open for further replies.