What's new

Any Hombrewers out here?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Any of you BOTL denizens also home brewers (beer that is). I have been Homebrewing for bout 10 yrs and am also a National level BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) Beer judge....its not really a hobby - more of an obsession....mmmmmmmm Beer!!!!!!!

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
i just started homebrewing.
I made a batch of stout and it turned out ok.
I followed the directions and ity had me over prime the bottle.
I am in the process of getting a new fermenter and Carboy so I can get batch #2 going!!!
I can't wait.
steve

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
vernonator said:
Any of you BOTL denizens also home brewers (beer that is). I have been Homebrewing for bout 10 yrs and am also a National level BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) Beer judge....its not really a hobby - more of an obsession....mmmmmmmm Beer!!!!!!!
I'm a homebrewer since 1988. I have enough experience points to be a National Beer judge + but need another stinkin' point on the BJCP exam and been too lazy to retake it since '96. I'm judge coordinator for our 15th competition March 12th. You are invited to come and judge. Special judging prizes for all the herfers.

Tons of batches of all grain beers, meads and some ciders. I'm brewing Saturday. Love Strong Scotch ales, bocks, barley wines, rauchbiers and Belgians with cigars. Anything but American light lagers and domestic swill is just fine by me.

Myself and a dozen friends in my homebrew club are going to Belgium last week of March. I can't wait...

Slammer

arf arf
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I used to do quite a bit of brewing but have'nt done any in a few years and ended up selling off most of my stuff last year. Some of my favorites were a pepper beer that had just the right amount of bite to it and an oatmeal stout that was a bear to make but came out pretty good. Also made a honey mead that was killer well worth the wait.