What's new

Any Jeff Gordon fans here ???

LittleMoe

Bald,Fat and Proud
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been following Gordon since day one. I think he has a shot at the championship this year !!!

Any one else a nascar fan ??

LittleMoe

Bald,Fat and Proud
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jr. is a good racer, but i think he lacks the dedication and the commitment to be a championship contending driver.. I also think he has some serious personal issues clouding his success .........

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Gordon fan here....I worked for DuPont and remember the day he won the 125 in '93. We had been trying to get Dupont involved in NASCAR for years. And they finally did it....His picture on the front page of USA Today Sports section sealed the deal. Couldn't pay for better advertising.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Gordon fan as well. While I understand why Junior is still at Hendrick, it's races like last week that make me want him out of the stable. I do believe Junior not winning hasn't been without the normal luck that is needed in the sport, but still.

http://www.over88ted.com/ <-the top of the site is enough for me.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Gordon fan here, too. I never gave a flip about NASCAR until my son (then five or six years old) caught a quick glimpse of a race as mom was channel surfing. He yelled, "Wait, mom. Go back!" and was glued to the set for the rest of the race. I think Gordon won that day, and my son started watching every week and rooting for him. I'd watch with him. Within two months he had memorized every Winston cup driver, car number, sponsor, car model, wife's name and crew chief. That lasted about a year, and then he just lost interest altogether, but I still watched.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why do you say that??? Did you have a personal experience ????
I did. Good friend of mine works for HMS. Got us pit passes for the October race in '05, I believe, (Gordon ended up holding off Kyle Busch to win actually) and we, including my buddy, who is at every race and in Gordons pit for every race, were standing in front of the hauler waiting for Gordo to come back from the driver's meeting so my buddy could introduce us. Well, here he comes, (all 5 feet of him) my buddy says "Jeff, I'd like you to meet....." Jeff puts his hand up and says, "(my buddies name), I don't have time right now. If they want anything signed bring it too me in the trailer." as he walks by. Needless to say, my buddy was embarrassed.

It wasn't like we were in a mob of people grabbing him from every direction. We were in front of the hauler, 4 of us, right by ourselves, not even wanting to take up any more of his time than to say "Hi" and "Good luck tonight Jeff." That was actually the second "interaction" with him.

The first was a couple of days earlier. We were staying with my buddy doing some work on his house and he gets a text from Jeff saying that he's coming by for something and he'll be there in a few minutes. My buddy says that he'll see if Jeff will pop in and say hi. Sure enough, a big ass BMW pulls up out front, my buddy goes out to meet him and Jeff gets out (holding one of those little Paris Hilton dogs) and talks for a few minutes then leaves. My buddy comes back in and says that Jeff had a cold sore on his lip and didn't want to come in. Real nice.

Got to meet tons of other very cool people though. Leonard Wood, Will Perdue (former Chicago Bulls center that was there for HMS doing some sort of motivational speaking), Chad Knaus (really nice guy), Steve Letart (another really nice guy) all of the 24 pit crew and Tony Gibson (Jr's former crew chief) to name a few. So, it wasn't a one time thing where he might've been having an off day. He had at least 2 chances to be nice, but chose not to. Great driver, but not the nicest of people. Comes off as a whiner on TV and that's about what you get in person. Sorry to disappoint.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Gordon should have won today! Reutiman should be suspended for staying on the track when he knew he was out of gas. Bowyer needs a swift kick in the nuts for that stunt he tried to pull. If it wasn't for bad luck Gordon would have no luck this season...

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Gordon should have won today! Reutiman should be suspended for staying on the track when he knew he was out of gas.
I'm upset with him as well, and while it wasn't the same, Gordon did also run out of gas under caution before the second Green-White knowing damn well there was zero chance that he was going to make it. (The claim on TV he was 5 to the good when the caution came out for the 10, no way he was going to make it through another Green-White.)

I'm not sure that suspending a driver for what was something stupid, but also something that you can't deem intentional seems a really bad way to go about it.

Maybe I got lapped cars mixed up, but didn't Fox acknowledge Reutiman was trying to get to pit lane and got blocked by I want to say Junior and ended up missing it a lap and a half before he ran out? In addition, Reutiman claims the steering first stopped working and then the engine blew up. It's either a very very pathetic lie for running out of gas or a very very legitimate explanation.

As for Bowyer, even as a fan of the 24 I didn't have much of an issue with it. It was a bit reckless, but the 24/48 were going to be a problem regardless. I watched the replay a few more times and while I think Bowyer taps Jeff first, Keselowski had sent Jimmy way up and he was coming down the track through the turn quick, to the point where I think regardless of Bowyer, 48 takes out the 24.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Gordon fan here....I worked for DuPont and remember the day he won the 125 in '93. We had been trying to get Dupont involved in NASCAR for years. And they finally did it....His picture on the front page of USA Today Sports section sealed the deal. Couldn't pay for better advertising.
Who is this Jeff Gordon u speak off ??

All tho he is not my driver, I will say he is one of the top 5 drivers...:driving:

Hot_Sauce

&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Not a Jeff Gordon fan

I pull for Tony Stewart, Kyle Bush & Kasey Kahne:thumbsup: