What's new

Any R&J smokers?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys. Recently I bought a box of R&J #3 and had a few and love the flavor but I found the cigar to be a bit on a smaller size. I usually prefer 46-50 gauge size and about 5 inches long. So I was thinking of getting a box of short Churchills.
So my question is....in a same brand cigar but different sizes, does the flavor and how strong the cigar is change or is it about the same? I'm not a huge fan of spicy/peppery cigars.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
A flavour profile is very often a common thread throughout a brand line in cuban cigars. You could, if you knew your stuff, smoke possibly any bolivar, partagas, h uppman, etc... blindly and know what it is. I also just tried my first few RyJs, the no 1,2,and 3 were from 2013 and were awesome. I have tried a few short Churchill from a box that is onkky 5 mo nth old and they were good, I think they will be great sticks given a few years. Hope this helps

Last edited:

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I have also heard - emphasize the word "heard" as I am new to CC's myself - that RyJ's are notorious for being hit or miss. Some box codes are great and others are a flop.

Again, I don't know that first hand, just what I hear on the forum. I have purchased a box of RyJ Coronitas en Cedros and loved them. Each tasted the same - which was perfection. :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for all the replies. Will be ordering today. I think I'm going to get 10 of ex#4 and 10 of short churchills
Might get a few different H U since I've never tried them before

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
good idea on the Upmann.The Connie 1 is your boy. the #2 as well.
I would not go for the Mag 46 just yet,they are a bit milder.
Chuck's suggestion is a good one,the Exe.4 can be a great stick.
Recent short Churchills have been sketchy according to the forums I follow.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Grab a box of ryj ex no 4
Just ordered a box of ex no4, box of R&J no2 Tubos and box of cohiba robusto.Also got sampler box of siglo 1,2 and 3, h upman and rass.
Now I'm on a hunt for a bigger humidor. Want to try aging cigars

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
I smoke a lot of RyJ Ex4 is one of my favorites. The 2013's are outstanding and worth stocking up on. I don't know if you can still find 13's as I squirrelled away a 10 year supply. Older ones are great as well but they are 2 totally different cigars. Besides the Ex4 I enjoy churchills and mille fluers. I personally don't care for any of the en cedro or tubes. Never had a good wide or short Churchill either, but very little experience with those.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I smoke a lot of RyJ Ex4 is one of my favorites. The 2013's are outstanding and worth stocking up on. I don't know if you can still find 13's as I squirrelled away a 10 year supply. Older ones are great as well but they are 2 totally different cigars. Besides the Ex4 I enjoy churchills and mille fluers. I personally don't care for any of the en cedro or tubes. Never had a good wide or short Churchill either, but very little experience with those.
Still waiting for my delivery but was told the box code was Nov of 2015. My birthday is next week and I wanted a box code with month that my birthday is on. Can't wait to try one.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Finally got them yesterday. I was a little freaked out when I saw the box. It took a hit during shipping. Thank got the goods inside were ok.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Romeos are really hit and miss. Seems like they need more aging than most CCs too. When they are right they are wonderful; but I have had some that are just not good.

But overall there are better Habanos brands that are more Consistent like Upmann and Partagas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Romeos are really hit and miss. Seems like they need more aging than most CCs too. When they are right they are wonderful; but I have had some that are just not good.

But overall there are better Habanos brands that are more Consistent like Upmann and Partagas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I smoked a EX 4 and it was really good but could use some aging. Had a number 2 tubo earlier and that one had horrible draw. One of the worst I've ever had, hopefully the rest of the box isn' t as bad

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Smoked an Ex4 this morning from a GEO JUN 14 box, it was excellent. They were very boring at first so I forgot about them for over a year, 2 of the 3 in the last month have been excellent. I will burn through this box pretty quick.