What's new

Any suggestions on sharp yet cheap cutters?

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I seem to be one forgetful putz... I've lost just about every cutter I own besides a few specialty ones. Anyone have suggestions of cheap double guillotine cutters that I can BUY that won't mash all my cigars into a pile of leaves? I'll probably be looking to BUY 5+, that should last me a month at this rate

Was looking at something like this for $4. Unless someone has a better idea

https://www.cigar.com/mobile/p/vertigo-80-ring-cutter-cutters/1485646/#p-155754

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Looks like a bomb cutter! But I'm 100% confident I'd just be shelling out another $20 in a matter of weeks. Pretty sure a gnome is sneaking into my golf cart to steal them while I swing. Looking for more of a value value bang for my buck, hopefully one that's not going to disintegrate in my hands the first snip though.

Thanks for the suggestion, I might treat myself once I prove I'm a big boy by holding onto one for a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea, I keep one or two nice ones around the house and then bring the freebies and $2 specials with me when smoking away from the house.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I second this cutter. I purchased one about 5 years ago from a local shop. They had a few cutters that were slightly used store cutters they were getting rid of. I got it for $5 and it's been going strong ever since.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Looks like a bomb cutter! But I'm 100% confident I'd just be shelling out another $20 in a matter of weeks. Pretty sure a gnome is sneaking into my golf cart to steal them while I swing. Looking for more of a value value bang for my buck, hopefully one that's not going to disintegrate in my hands the first snip though.
Thanks for the suggestion, I might treat myself once I prove I'm a big boy by holding onto one for a month
cuban crafters come with a lifetime guarantee too

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Not if it gets stolen or lost.

I have my cutter on a retractable cable on my golf cart. Little harder to steal that.
i'm not as old as you. losing things doesn't happen for me, and i shouldn't worry about it being stolen, i live in a house with a moat by myself

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Unfortunately, "cheap" is subjective.

IMHO, I recently bought a Palio for $20 (you can sometimes find them for $13-17 on CBid) and it's been a solid daily driver.

Hate to say it, but it works better than my Xi3 more often than not. Even after the buyout and being made overseas, they're still a good product.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I prefer Palio almost 2 to 1 over Xicar products.

IMHO, I recently bought a Palio for $20 (you can sometimes find them for $13-17 on CBid) and it's been a solid daily driver.

Hate to say it, but it works better than my Xi3 more often than not. Even after the buyout and being made overseas, they're still a good product.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
i'm not as old as you. losing things doesn't happen for me, and i shouldn't worry about it being stolen, i live in a house with a moat by myself
I didn't say I lost things, I was commenting on the OP saying it.

Having said that, I have so many lighters, cutters that I might happen to misplace some hypothetically.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0

I would buy 10 Palios if I could find them for $13! I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks for the tip

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I would buy 10 Palios if I could find them for $13! I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks for the tip

They're usually the "oddball" ones - branded, camo, etc., but still, $13 bucks for a Palio is a solid deal.

Be careful on CBid, I'm sure you already know how dangerous it is. Had a buddy just recently, I was telling him about the Black Ice jars...in need of humidification, he bid on 25 of them thinking he'd end up winning 2-4...and ended up winning 19, LMAO!

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
They're usually the "oddball" ones - branded, camo, etc., but still, $13 bucks for a Palio is a solid deal.

Be careful on CBid, I'm sure you already know how dangerous it is. Had a buddy just recently, I was telling him about the Black Ice jars...in need of humidification, he bid on 25 of them thinking he'd end up winning 2-4...and ended up winning 19, LMAO!
Oh yeah, I'm quite aware. I was super close on putting an IP ban on my home network for the site.
You might have just sent me down the rabbit hole again though, I'll let you know if I end up with excess cigars

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0

2-4 is too many of those anyway. There are better and cheaper options.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the cigar cutters from Victorinox Swiss Army Knife. I have always liked Swiss Army knives since my days as a Boy Scout. I carry at least one Swiss Army knife every day (unless I'm on an airplane). Victorinox makes two cigar cutters and one punch. I have the Cigar 36. The cutters are a scissor type. They do a good job and are very sharp. I have had no trouble with the cut. Fast, clean and easy. Because I carry a knife, it is always with me.

Victorinox Swiss Army Cigar 36 - https://www.knifecenter.com/item/VN25703E/victorinox-swiss-army-cigar-36-multi-tool-red
Victorinox Swiss Army Cigar 79 - https://www.knifecenter.com/item/VN25713E/victorinox-swiss-army-cigar-79-multi-tool-red
Victorinox Swiss Army Cigar Punch Tool - https://www.knifecenter.com/item/VN54850/victorinox-swiss-army-cigar-cutter-multi-tool-alox