What's new

Any Wine or Port drinkers?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
vipe said:
What port would you recommend for someone who likes only chardonnay?
Well, I'm not a wine expert by any stretch of the imagination. But, if you liek chardonnay, I would maybe start with Warres. To me, this is one of the lighter ports, as opposed to say Taylor Fladgate which has a more intense flavor. Another option might be Grahams Six Grapes.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
vipe said:
What port would you recommend for someone who likes only chardonnay?
You might want to try a tawny port first. Here are a couple of nice affordable ones
- Graham's 10 year Tawny
- Chateau Reynella Old Cave 12 Year Old Tawny Port
Both around $20

Navydoc

Tennis Anyone?
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
jcgoldner said:
You might want to try a tawny port first. Here are a couple of nice affordable ones
- Graham's 10 year Tawny
- Chateau Reynella Old Cave 12 Year Old Tawny Port
Both around $20
Too funny, as soon as I read the response by JC I thought Tawny as well....nice recommendations by the way. The Aussie Tawnys ROCK. Yalumba makes some serious tawnys...esp. the 50yr old.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Navydoc said:
Too funny, as soon as I read the response by JC I thought Tawny as well....nice recommendations by the way. The Aussie Tawnys ROCK. Yalumba makes some serious tawnys...esp. the 50yr old.
This one goes into the "even the blind squirrel finds a nut" category for me. Since I'm fairly new to port I figured Vipe may like what I've recently tried and enjoyed. I'll have to try a Yalumba, thanks for the tip Navydoc!