What's new

Anybody have a vacation planned this summer?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We have two trips planned to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. One week at the end of June into July and we go again the first week of September. I can't wait, we haven't been down there since Thanksgiving. Sun, sand, fishing and cigars!

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Just canceled out flights to Italy schedule for the end of June. My extended family and I, 19 in all, had rented a villa in Tuscany. Looks like just another Summer at the beach house on the Cape.

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
The wife and I had a 12 day trip booked for Iceland in July, but we found out Delta canceled our flight a month ago with no notification.
She just canceled everything Saturday.
She was afraid if we got another flight we'd be quarantined in Iceland upon landing.
So that money is set aside to do another Iceland trip in a couple years hopefully.
Not sure what we're gonna do for July now. She wants to go to Utah or glacier national park.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Utah and Glacier National Park, not Iceland but both are beautiful. We've flown into Salt Lake City and made the drive up through the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Glacier. Came back to SLC through Idaho. So much to see.

We're still waiting to see if they will open I-10 in Florida to Louisiana residents. Kind of pisses me off because there are more new Covid cases in Florida, Georgia and Alabama then in Louisiana but no restrictions on travel from the other states.

Wife wanted to fly in to Boca Raton to see the launch but was told they are still enforcing the 14 day quarantine. TSA wouldn't let her get on her return flight and they would hit her with a "hefty" fine.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The family and I spent a few days in the mountains of NC. We rented a spot right on the river. Then we proceeded to avoid humanity as much as possible. It was an awesome time.

In September I will be headed to the beach with my wife. It will only be a four day weekend, but it will be awesome. We haven't spent more than 36 hours alone in over a decade.

The first pic is from the mountains. The second is our planned destination in September.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
The family and I spent a few days in the mountains of NC. We rented a spot right on the river. Then we proceeded to avoid humanity as much as possible. It was an awesome time.

In September I will be headed to the beach with my wife. It will only be a four day weekend, but it will be awesome. We haven't spent more than 36 hours alone in over a decade.

The first pic is from the mountains. The second is our planned destination in September.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Do you have a link to the place in the mountains? I might have to do that sometime

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
we ended up going to Utah for 2 weeks, hit the 5 national parks there and several state parks.
Goblin state park was really cool.
Hiked the narrows in Zion, had a great time in Moab, I'd definitely go back to that area.
In my opinion Zion is overrated. Arches and Bryce were much better.