What's new

Anybody Seen this $600 Cutter?

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Has anybody seen or used this 500-600 dollar cutter by Lujo Concepts? Watched a video on it and the thing looks pretty sick, but I'd much rather spend that money on some really nice sticks. Would anybody even consider paying this much for an accessory? I don't even think I would if I made enough money to afford it, but I guess that's just me, even though it is really cool.

https://lujoconcepts.com/

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Looks like it cuts as well as everything else. Cool looking concept though. Gotta wonder how many they'll sell.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I looked at them for a period of time, some of the baller cigar instagrammer guys rock them. Cool concept, cut great, but the reviews I have read have been meh. More so they are awkward in the hand to use, and have a bit of a learning curve. They are also kind of big when you see them next to something else for scale.

Pricey cutters are just like pricey lighters. A Bic and Dupont do the same exact thing, but handing a girl a Bic to light her cigarette with doesn't have the same effect as a Ligne. (Avoid these girls at all costs). Some groups of smokers like to get in pissing matches over who can have the most "Gucci" cutter or lighter as well. Right now my free perfect cut knock off is my go to.

On a sidenote... does anyone remember the brand that comes to light every so often that makes the classic Davidoff style cutters in carbon fiber? They were somewhat pricey ($100-200ish) if I remember, but can't for the life of me remember what they are.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Anyone ever look into the les fines lames cutters? Pretty sure they run 5-600 bones each but at least they look badass.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I just browsed their website trying to learn what makes it worth $5-600. They have a build your own feature in which the price ranges from $250-425. Personally, I'll stick with my CC perfect cutter where functionality far exceeds the price paid.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Um no, just no.....I'll stick with my perfect cutter, going on 7yrs of use, and no issues.

https://www.cubancrafters.com/cuban-crafters-perfect-cigar-cutters-cuts-the-exact-amount-off-all-ring-sizes/
Tell me about it, I love my Colibri V-Cut. The Cuban Crafters cutters are awesome though, I've been looking to pick one up but I got a Romeo Y Julieta Colibri perfect cutter in a raffle from Casa De Montecristo and I use it so infrequently that it just doesn't pay for me to get another one.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I just browsed their website trying to learn what makes it worth $5-600. They have a build your own feature in which the price ranges from $250-425. Personally, I'll stick with my CC perfect cutter where functionality far exceeds the price paid.
Ya there are definitely cheaper variants, the one that I really like is the black matte metal with the carbon fiber inlay which ends up at $299. Still ridiculous for a cutter, but I like the design of it and the magnetic inlays seem pretty interesting to help avoid the blades separating and causing uneven cuts. I think that if I were one of those people that is willing to spend that amount on an ST Dupont cutter or lighter I would grab this thing instead.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Tell me about it, I love my Colibri V-Cut. The Cuban Crafters cutters are awesome though, I've been looking to pick one up but I got a Romeo Y Julieta Colibri perfect cutter in a raffle from Casa De Montecristo and I use it so infrequently that it just doesn't pay for me to get another one.
I had the Colibri V-Cut, and felt it cut WAY too deep for me, so I sold it and got the new Xikar one, and I really like it.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I had the Colibri V-Cut, and felt it cut WAY too deep for me, so I sold it and got the new Xikar one, and I really like it.
I used to adjust my cut depth on the Colibri depending on cigar size... now I just use it on bigger sticks. I've been thinking about adding the Xikar V to the stable but haven't pulled the trigger yet.