What's new

Anyone ever been to Tower Isle Resort in Ocho Rios?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I will be there at the end of March for my daughters wedding and wondered if anyone here had been there before. Any insight or tips would be great. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there is a La Casa Del Habano nearby, which actually will end up saving me money I guess.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Been there. Love the Couples brand resorts. Adults only, no kids. Weve been to Couples Swept Away over in Negril on the other side 3 times.

Let me know what you want to know

. I believe they've also opened up an LCDH that's on the way from Montego Bay to Ocho

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
How many days you gonna be there?

Be sure to eat at bayside restaurant on the resort. Great location right on the water.

They also have a nude beach if that's your thing

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hey brother, thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, my mom is in the hospital so I haven't been on much.
We will be there four days. I knew about the nude beach on the isle, but that ain't my thing. But it is good to know before wandering out there. The restaurants was mainly what I was going to ask about. Which ones were good and which ones are not worth a visit. I assume that for the most part it is cigar friendly? Any tours or activities through the resort that are worth doing. My daughter and her soon to be husband will be there 10 days. I have already climbed Dunns River Falls, and once was enough. But I am sure the my daughter will do it.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
The veggie bar was our go to spot for lunches...the crudités plate was awesome!! We're light eaters through the day and everything there was perfect for a light healthy feeling lunch. The jerk chicken at the pool bar is AWESOME! If they make a fish sandwich then get that too!!

Dinner at Bayside is a must. The verandah for dinner is worth it too. Reservations are a must at both. Make those reservations as soon as you can after checking in. They don't do well flying by the seat of their pants at the restaurants. They only prep for a certain amount of people. I was able to sweet talk my way on one night at bayside but it was extremely and insanely difficult.

Nightly ritual was to grab a good drink at the main bar and head over to the lobby terrace for a nice pre-dinner cigar while she was getting ready. Cigars are good to go just about anywhere except the spa and in the restaurants.

Be sure to get on the sunset cruise aka booze cruise. It's a blast. And the rum punch don't suck either.

Be sure to have a miami vice at the pol bar and get ready to have a new favorite rum...Appleton! It's the best. Mix with diet soda or regular.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Nice pictures! Thanks. I don't drink, so that part does me no good. But the tips on the restaurants are great. My daughter is getting there before my wife and I, so I will have her make reservations. for the first night.