What's new

Anyone ever had a ...

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Squirrel melt?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RlK0Xd4c2c&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
that's pretty gross. I watched an episode of survivorman where he ate a squirrel...i'd only eat one if i was really, really starving.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
What, none of y'all have ever eaten squirrel?

Seriously?

I can't believe y'all think it's wierd...granted, it's not something you find on the menu in a restaurant, but then again, neither snake and deer aren't on many menus, either.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Actually squirrel is pretty good. Especially if they are corn fed. Roasted over an open fire with a splash of Southern Comfort over 'em while cooking. Mmmm!

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
been eating squirrles for a good many years. grey's are probably the best eating along with fox squirrels. only problem is you have to have a couple per person cause there aint much meat on em. they are excellent grilled with a little bbq sauce or even buffalo wing sauce!! :thumbsup:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Hunted and ate my share of squirrel all during college. Tasty varmit. We mostly fried it with onions and a nice cab sauce. MMMmmmmm. I think I'm in love. Huntress and can cook em up. to boot

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
If someone handed you a bowl of homemade squirrel stew, you likely wouldn't be able to tell that it was squirrel...just some unidentified mystery meat. Same goes for squirrel chili.

Now a squirrel BURGER might be pushing it. LOL!

DMK

DMK
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had All kinds of game birds, deer, moose, elk, caribou, bear, even rattle snake once.
Never had the oppturnity for squirrel though, I'm gonna have to try that one day, looks good.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
If someone handed you a bowl of homemade squirrel stew, you likely wouldn't be able to tell that it was squirrel...just some unidentified mystery meat. Same goes for squirrel chili.

Now a squirrel BURGER might be pushing it. LOL!
I've had buffalo burger and ostrich burger. Don't think they sell ground squirrel at whole foods market though.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
squirrel burgers..... hmmmm never thought of that!! would take quite a few of the little buggers once youve cleaned and deboned them.