What's new

Anyone ever used one of these?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m looking for a small display for some of my NC collection. I know the glass tops don’t hold humidity very well and I thought this might be a better option at holding a tight seal.

63331D75-B2DE-4D4B-BC55-AF52BFDC0401.png

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had one of these years ago as a friend of mine who owns a B&M used them for display purposes...they work well and he cut out some cedar planks and put them in the bottom and used a shallow tray and filled it with KL and put a small hygro and the thing kept perfect RH. I lost mine when I made the move to the Atlanta area....it held about 150 cigars and loved having it sit on my desk. Every-time I bought cigars with the cedar sheets I just put em in that acrylic humidor to give it a nice transfer of cedar. While it wasn't as good as a good wood humidor as far as the transfer...I could still taste it with plenty of storage time.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I kind of thought that would be an issue, even thought about building one. Maybe you can use a piece of felt as "weather stripping" or a very thin bead of flexible caulk if you use double side tape to secure the felt it can removed so you can return the humidor.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I kind of thought that would be an issue, even thought about building one. Maybe you can use a piece of felt as "weather stripping" or a very thin bead of flexible caulk if you use double side tape to secure the felt it can removed so you can return the humidor.
I have some of that rope caulk at home I think that’s the route I’m going. If it’s too thick I might try to layer some masking tape around the edge.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Added weather stripping to the inside of the door and the rim on the back of the cabinet. I loaded it up with sticks and added a bunch of 69% bovedas. The cigars were in a cooler at 65 so it may take time to come up if at all but humidity this morning was 66 inside. I’m just gonna leave it there and not open it and see what happens. Door feels pretty tight now though.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It’s held well so far so I got a bit cockier with the stock inside. C4285D0D-5513-4978-BB66-46A875628284.jpeg
I switched to 65% bovedas and a heartfelt puck. This is going to be about the extent of my NC collection. The rest I’m going to donate to Cigars for Warriors. Funny how I used to like them all but my tastes have totally changed.

Also the analog hygrometer is actually close to accurate. It’s reading just slightly less than the digital Xigar which is spot on tested with bovedas.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a big fan of the Cigar Oasis humidifiers myself. Give one a try and I bet it will keep your cigars in great shape.:Ddownload (2).jpg