What's new

Anyone have dark/blackish gums from smoking?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a new cigar smoker and enjoy them immensely! Been smoking about two months. I recently noticed that my upper and lower gums in the front of my mouth are starting to get a blackish tint. It kind of freaked me out at first. I googled it and apparently it is called melanosis? Has anybody experienced this? Any suggestions for getting rid of it? I’ll see my dentist soon I just wondered if anybody had any insight. Thanks for your thoughts.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
I am a new cigar smoker and enjoy them immensely! Been smoking about two months. I recently noticed that my upper and lower gums in the front of my mouth are starting to get a blackish tint. It kind of freaked me out at first. I googled it and apparently it is called melanosis? Has anybody experienced this? Any suggestions for getting rid of it? I’ll see my dentist soon I just wondered if anybody had any insight. Thanks for your thoughts.
Interesting, will have to Google melanosis.

Mine are nice and pink after 15 years of smoking 2 to 3 cigars a day, and smoking a pack a day of cigarettes for 30 years until I quit around Christmas when we were all quarenteened to our rooms for 3 weeks here at the veterans home during our covid outbreak

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed when I smoked more cigars in a day like 5 or more, that my tongue started to turn brown (Hairy Tongue) is what it's called, so I slowed down a little and started brushing my teeth after I smoked and haven't had a problem since then.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well I did Google Melanosis and the most common reference is to Melanosis Coli. If you have Melanosis Coli because of cigars, you're smoking them wrong.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smoker’s melanosis is increased tissue pigmentation, or darkening, due to irritation from tobacco smoke. Typically this pigmentation occurs on the gingiva (gums) of the upper and lower front teeth. The amount of pigmentation increases with greater tobacco use, and is more common in females; it occurs in 5.0 – 22% of cigarette and pipe smokers. There is no treatment for smoker’s melanosis; however, tissues typically return to normal color in six to 36 months after quitting smoking.