What's new

Anyone join the Wet Shave Club

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
New to me, but worth a try. I like the idea of soap samples; blades I'm good on, but I guess you can't ever have too many.

My wife & I have subs for Birtchbox, similar concept but for all sorts of sundries, not just shaving. Well worth it.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I looked at it and every so often look again. I might send the link to my wife as a good Father's Day gift idea.

If you join, let us know what you think of it.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Fantastic idea but a one month supply would last me a half year. Lol. I wonder if they ever thought about do a shipment every 3 months or so?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I agree completely...I typically only use 2-4 blades a month depending on how lazy I am and change every other shave. My concern is the 3oz of shape soap would last me 4-6 months.

Fantastic idea but a one month supply would last me a half year. Lol. I wonder if they ever thought about do a shipment every 3 months or so?

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
So I signed up for a 1 month trial of the Wet Shave Club and my first club shipment arrived today in the mail.

For $20 you get 10 DE blades and 2-4 shave soap samples monthly. Also with your first box you get a brush and a razor.

Package was about the size of a small flat rate, and I received 5 Gillette Sliver Blue Razors & 5 Wilkinson Sword blades. Decent blades, would be about $2.40 (if bought in packs of 100 using Amazon prices).

Received two shave soap samples from Stirling Soap Co. - 1 grapefruit and 1 lime. They are very fragrant (esp. the lime). They are 1/4" slices from a normal size shaving puck. I'm not familiar with Stirling and haven't had a chance to try them yet, but they smell great & I'm very optimistic on the soap.

The razor is a very inexpensive screw-in-handle/head type DE razor. It's rather heavy for a DE razor, so I presume it's some kind of cheap metal that's been plated. Chrome plating looks good though, no chips, etc. No makers mark, I figure it's something mass produced overseas. It may be a decent starter razor, so I'll give it a go & report back.

The brush is a total piece of crap however. It's shedding all over the box, totally uneven bristles and the handle is poorly finished and has a long scratch on it. It really detracts from the box overall. I'm tossing this out immediately.

Overall as a starter kit, not bad. I honestly would have preferred to pay a little more (say $30 for a starter box) and gotten a much better brush/razor combo. If this is really someones into to wet shaving they would really benefit from something halfway decent to start. Also the box did not include any info on wet shaving; this is also totally absent on there website. Again, if this was an into/gift set they missed an opportunity.

*IF* this was typical for a monthly shipment; again they say 2-4 soap samples & 10 blades (no brush/razor), I feel this is way overpriced. For the 2 soap samples & 10 blades I received I would be more at $10 than $20. As such, I will not be continuing my sub with them.

Wetshave1.jpgWetshave2.jpg

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Thanks for the feedback! That definitely looks like a sub-par brush and the razor isn't something I am attracted to. The big sample pack of blades on Amazon is around the price of one month's membership and, from that pack, you should be able to choose a preferred shaving blade.

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
Quick update: I shaved yesterday with the razor & lime shave soap (using my own mug and brush). I also used one of my razor blades, a Derby, to reduce the number of variables.

The razor gave a nice shave and preformed well, not very aggressive, no nicks. Makes for an excellent no frills starter razor. The shave soap was very nice; lathered well and has a great lime scent. I was very happy with the shave.

Overall, The razor, blades, and soap samples were great. The brush really took away from the whole package. I like the concept of trying out different shave soaps, but I think the 10 blades a month is kind of overkill (I personally change blades once a week or so) and the price is too high for what you get.

If it was $10 a month (and not $20) and you got 2-4 shave soap samples & maybe a 5 blade sampler monthly I would be in, as it stands I think they will get a lot of "one and done" customers.

Last edited: