What's new

Anyone Own an Avallo?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the hobby and I am looking for a cabinet style humi.

I don't know if I like the prospect of a foam stripping as the sealant.

Thoughts?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Ron is a member here and he's a partner with Matt, who makes the cabinets. He'll be hear to answer your questions. But I will say I haven't really heard of many people complaining about the seal in their Avallo cabinets.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the hobby and any imput would be greatly appreciated.

All I have is a desktop right now and i want to move up to a cabinet. Much to my wife's dismay, I like the hobby, and as soon as I return from Iraq I will try to get something nice.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding makers of cabinet style humidors? I'm all ears.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I have two Avallo 2000s (1 courtesy of my BOTL friends!) and LOVE them!

Don't worry about the foam weather stripping, it works fine.

The best thing about the Avallos are the Accumonitor humidification system! It ROCKS!

~M

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
one of these days, I'm gonna pony up and buy one. I just can't make myself shell out the dough...love the looks, though. I'd have to get one with the cooling apparatus for my desert climate.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Welcome to the site Larry! We stand behind our fine sponsors not because of that fact but rather they have provided our members with great service and fantastic products.

Matt and Ron from Avallo/Cigar Solutions are two of the nicest guys in the business and I'm certain you'll be proud to own one. PM "RonC" and he'll get you squared away!

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I can testify to Ron and Matt's professionalism.

I recently purchased a 1200 Deluxe(one year old) from another member here on BOTL and the shipping company damaged it in the process of delivery. I contacted RonC and he was more than willing to help me get it setup until I could finalize everything with the shipping company. Despite the fact that I did NOT purchase it from him directly. I am currently waiting on the completion of my replacement cabinet from RonC/Matt (patiently I might add).

The long and short of it all is that for the money and functionality you can not go wrong with the Avallo!

Matthew

Tobacco Beetle
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've had an AH-2000 for roughly 4+ years. Bottom line is it is fantastic. You can't go wrong with one of these. If you want to change out the door seal, it's a pretty minor thing.

Here's the thing, Larry, I've never heard a bad thing about an Avallo. If you put up a post asking about vintage Cohibas, you will see a lot of posts that say things like "I wouldn't waste my money" or "don't care for them". So it's not like these guys hold back and only say nice things. Yet you'd be hard pressed to find a bad post about Avallo. That tells you something.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Matthew said:
... Yet you'd be hard pressed to find a bad post about Avallo. That tells you something.
Ok, ok...I do have ONE complaint...it seems to be ever shrinking in size!!! :razz:

~M