What's new

Archetype Initiation corona - Ventura Cigars

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Picked up some of the new blends from @Ventura Cigar via site sponsor @Famous Smoke

Archetype Initiation (corona)
IMG_6877.JPG
Pre-light
Smells like faint hay with even fainted floral notes. Very refreshing. The rich, Ecuadorian Habano wrapper has a couple large veins running lengthwise down the cigar.
I really dig the Archetype logo on the band around the foot. The other logo, for the Initiation is creepy enough to fit. :)
Tight pack. Nice and firm.
FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_6878.JPG
1st third
Light tobacco flavor with pepper and herbal notes. Very mild and mellow. Pretty relaxing.
Pepper is ramping up.

2nd third

Surprised by the pepper. Pushed exhale and flavors mellow. Mild sweetness and pepper is gone. Fruit? Citrus?
Flavors move to more of an almond. Doesn't last.
IMG_6880.JPG
Final Third
Getting some sage taste and aroma now. Definitely a mild to medium. As the burn continues, I'm not enjoying the harshness so I'll set this one down now.

Mellow cigar that many of my friends will like. I prefer the Psyko Seven Natural blend over this one, but I'm glad I gave it a try.

Ventura Cigar

Retailer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice review Gino, thanks for checking it out. I'm surprised to hear about the pepper and harshness and is something I'll check into.
We have noticed that the Initiation and Axis Mundi do tend to smoke better at a slightly higher RH, around 70-72%. Also, one more contest entry for you-Keep 'em coming!

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Nice review Gino, thanks for checking it out. I'm surprised to hear about the pepper and harshness and is something I'll check into.
We have noticed that the Initiation and Axis Mundi do tend to smoke better at a slightly higher RH, around 70-72%. Also, one more contest entry for you-Keep 'em coming!
Thanks for the tips!
To be clearer, the harshness was more due to burn temperature as the cigar was nearing the end. I don't think it was a blend issue at all and hope my review didn't imply that..
The pepper was surprising to me as well. It was not really strong, but I distinctly got it. I wonder if that was due to not giving it enough time to acclimate in my humidor (only a couple days between delivery and smoking it). Also, I maintain a slightly lower RH than what you just recommended. I have an Axis Mundi and a few Case Files resting now. I'll put the Axis Mundi into a higher RH environment before I smoke it. Looking forward to that.