What's new

Article on Conterfeits...

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wow, enough packaging for 30-50 MILLION counterfeits??

These people really chap my ass. Go get a job like the rest of us.

:argh:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I wonder what law they bust these guys on anyway. They aren't selling cubans, they are selling something that pretends to be something illegal.

Hmm I think this reminds me of an episode of COPS where a guy was selling baggies of baking powder or something and he got busted for it. People were injecting that though, which could be dangerous. Smoking fake cubans wouldn't kill ya though (I hope)

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
joshua said:
I wonder what law they bust these guys on anyway. They aren't selling cubans, they are selling something that pretends to be something illegal.

Hmm I think this reminds me of an episode of COPS where a guy was selling baggies of baking powder or something and he got busted for it. People were injecting that though, which could be dangerous. Smoking fake cubans wouldn't kill ya though (I hope)
It's a counterfeit law. They are benefitting from sales of fake products. Copyright infringement as well I would think.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
That means anyone who uses those brands to market a cigar as made in "Habana" or as a "Cuban replica" is either violating the U.S. embargo against Cuba or the trademark rights of Altadis, General Cigar and other companies. Altadis USA, which has 7,800 employees and had 2005 revenue of about $700 million, has been leading the charge against counterfeiters using its own private investigators to assist police.

The above is taken from the article.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wow that picture says it all. The packaging looks pretty decent from far away...it's so sad that these scrupulous dealers get away with this stuff year after year.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Wow, that is just amazing that they are operating with such a large scale. Very sad that many people are just throwing money at them for an inferior and fake product.