Filler: Dominican Republic
Binder: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf United States
Color: Maduro
Strength: Full
Shape: Robusto
This was stored @ 65% RH for 192 days.
Appearance/Construction 10/10
This cigar has a very striking appearance with the red and gold band against the rich looking dark Maduro (almost Oscuro) wrapper. The wrapper is slightly oily and toothy with no visible veins and a nice, firm, solid pack. The perfectly applied cap cut easily and cleanly.

Smoking Characteristics 18/20
The foot toasted and took flame very easily and the draw was as perfect a draw as I’ve seen effortlessly producing abundant amounts of rich, creamy smoke. The burn line started to wander just a bit but corrected itself with no assistance needed. The draw remained very free. This held a good inch and a half of light gray flaky ash.

Flavor/Aroma 35/35
Pre-light there was a very subtle but distinct sweetness and post light this sweetness continued through the first third, dismissed some into the second third and appeared in the last third. The flavor of it put me in mind of a cross between dark brown sugar and molasses. There was a slight pepper like spice detectable in the second third nut it was subtle. The prominent flavors I picked up were earthy with some raisin like notes and the aroma of the smoke was mellow and slightly sweet.

Overall Summary 35/35
In spite of the slight wander of the burn line (for which I did deduct a couple of points) this was as perfect a cigar as I’ve experienced with good solid construction and complexity of flavor. Definitely one I’ll want to keep in my humidor.

Total 98786843AD-7C6B-4E69-8AD4-128463B20EBF.jpeg

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Excellent write-up. (y)
Anejos are great after a few years of nap time.
The #46 is my favorite vitola in the line with the #50 second.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Good review John. I have smoked a few aged Anejos and have loved them. I have been sitting on a box of 46's, OR 888's and a box of Sharks with anticipation.
How old are these boxes already, Steve?
Knowing you, they're 5+ years now....

Love the Anejos. Great review

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
How old are these boxes already, Steve?
Knowing you, they're 5+ years now....

Love the Anejos. Great review
Hey Robert, the 46's and 77's are 5 years old and the 888's are original release. So they are 3 I think? I remember I found them in late summer that year. Remind me and next time we Herf I will bring some.

I love Anejos too! Especially when aged a little.