What's new

Nada

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0

I am not going to get into the size, wrapper, binder, fillers and all that jazz (Is there really a need?). We all know Arturo Fuente and we all know the mysteries surrounding some of their cigars. So I will just get into the smells flavors and overall experience.

The cigar is beautiful to say the least. Perfect construction. When i smelled the wrapper it was like a honey plum wine my good friend makes in small batches and I love very much. A sweet aroma if you will. The pre draw ( always difficult with the nipple tip cigars) was very similar to the smell of the wrapper. Could not wait to get this puppy lit up.

Of course the initial take off had little to no flavor as well (goes without saying on the nipple tip cigars). After getting a few puffs into the cigar I knew i was in for a treat. The draw had nothing to offer flavor wise thru out the entire cigar. No worries though my brothers that did not stop this masterpiece from pleasing at all! The flavors all came on the exhale, retro-hale, and of course the superb long finish. So I noticed on the exhale a toasty oak flavor. It then led into a sweet cream and the long finish brushed my tongue with gentle spices. I do not even want to say what kinda spice because the complexity of the subtle spices blew me away. I love my spice! Flavors were dancing all around the entire first third. Chocolate, bits of leather, and hard to even guess what else. Sweetness is from exhale to finish, so every single flavor was accompanied by a sweetness that blew me away!

Flavors intensified as I approached the mid way point. There was a consistancy on the exhale toasty oak, long gentle spice finish accompanied by an amazing sweetness thru out. All I could keep saying was Wow! and then Wow! some more and then even WOW! again.

The last portion of this cigar was no different other then the flavors kept intensifying and the complexity kept me guessing the entire time. Of course that toasty oak spice and sweetness stayed along for the journey which was probably my favorite part of this cigar.

Surprisingly this cigar smoked cool all the way to this point. The flavors were there the entire time while it maintained a brilliant complexity that made it enjoyable from foot to nub. If I was to use an analogy for this cigar it would have to be like watching a female do a gymnastics floor routine in the Olympics. It always starts the same while getting into all kinds of complex flips and tumbles, It is sweet to watch, and the finish always has an amazing twisting triple flip while nailing the landing.

The spices are hard to pin point because at certain points it was from the tip to the back of the pallet while at other points it was either just the front, just the middle, or just the back of the pallet. It was always a gentle spice. The draw and performance was amazingly perfect, one easy puff full of smoke. The retro-hale was always smooth and blasted me with toasty oak. The complexity thru out was keeping me guessing and I could not get enough of that. The sweetness of this cigar was too good to be true. What can I say I absolutely love love love this cigar!

I paired this cigar with water and smoked it on an empty stomach. I did not get a strong buzz so the full strength part of it I am not sure about that. I would say it is more like a medium strength.

The highest rating I have ever given a cigar was 9.5. However this cigar is a 10 in my book. A full flavored Picasso.
Great review I get these flavors from them as well. Nice complex spice with sweetness. Give them a year and watch the magic!

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Great review. I am salivating. So what's the bad news? How much do they cost and how hard are they to find?

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Great review! Man that sounds good and I've heard good things before but the cost of admission is a bit high for me, glad you enjoyed it and shared the review though!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Great review. I am salivating. So what's the bad news? How much do they cost and how hard are they to find?
Well I guess they are pretty hard to find. My shop is now completely out. Like most rare fuente they usually sell overpriced (above retail) if you can even find them. I got mine on a pretty good deal. My shop sells fuente at the right price (true MSRP). Even Opus X are very reasonable at my shop. Again my shop is out of siglos right now. ( I bought them out.)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine was $22.95 at my local B&M. I'm sure they are cheaper elsewhere (I am in New York after all, our taxes are pretty high) but to me it is too high to justify purchasing again. For that price I'd rather have a Padron.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mine was $22.95 at my local B&M. I'm sure they are cheaper elsewhere (I am in New York after all, our taxes are pretty high) but to me it is too high to justify purchasing again. For that price I'd rather have a Padron.
All though Padron does offer amazing cigars I found that I can find flavor profiles similar for cheaper. I am not saying the whole experience is the same, after all Padron (super premiums) are a pretty flawless smoke. I am just saying that I can satisfy those flavor profiles cheaper. Like the 601 blue. With this siglos the smell and the flavors I think are in a class of their own. I cannot think of a cheaper cigar that I can compensate the siglos with. Again this is all my opinion and I am not knocking padron by any means. When i am smoking a super premium at a premium price I am looking for uniqueness in flavor (my preference). Construction and burn are to be expected. On a side note this is to reference taxes by state. Your state is doing pretty good and you pay pretty low taxes. http://halfwheel.com/cigar-taxes-by-state

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All though Padron does offer amazing cigars I found that I can find flavor profiles similar for cheaper. I am not saying the whole experience is the same, after all Padron (super premiums) are a pretty flawless smoke. I am just saying that I can satisfy those flavor profiles cheaper. Like the 601 blue. With this siglos the smell and the flavors I think are in a class of their own. I cannot think of a cheaper cigar that I can compensate the siglos with. Again this is all my opinion and I am not knocking padron by any means. When i am smoking a super premium at a premium price I am looking for uniqueness in flavor (my preference). Construction and burn are to be expected. On a side note this is to reference taxes by state. Your state is doing pretty good and you pay pretty low taxes. http://halfwheel.com/cigar-taxes-by-state
You make a good point about the unique flavors. I didn't really think about that. That said, I still prefer the Anejo when compared to the price, but those are just my taste buds talkin'. And thanks for the link to the taxes. I always thought we were one of the higher ones - though some of my B&M's prices have been reasonable. In fact, some more than reasonable as I bought an Anejo for $11.75. Others seemed on par with online prices and some are much pricier.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You make a good point about the unique flavors. I didn't really think about that. That said, I still prefer the Anejo when compared to the price, but those are just my taste buds talkin'. And thanks for the link to the taxes. I always thought we were one of the higher ones - though some of my B&M's prices have been reasonable. In fact, some more than reasonable as I bought an Anejo for $11.75. Others seemed on par with online prices and some are much pricier.
For sure the anejo is a great smoke for the price. I do like anejo better then say opus x and my shop sells them both for around the same price. I just got some padron 45th reserves i have yet to try (cigar of year 2009) i will let you know how they go ^^. See what kind of 'uniqueness' comes out of them.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was pretty sure MSRP was between $20-25, I think that was a pretty good price especially for NY.