What's new

Arturo Fuente Rare Pink - Sophisticated Hooker - box find anyone?

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Good Day All-

I hope you are doing great.

Would anyone be able to help guide me to a place where I could find a box of Arturo Fuente Rare Pink - Sophisticated Hooker? I asked in a local group and found a place that sold only one or two and got to get one and it was Great, now I want a box. It seems like all the online places our out of stock.

Anyone have a line on where I could find a box that is not a billion dollars like the one place I found online?

Best regards, Tony

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
What is the actual price of the box you saw online? There was a sophisticated hooker box that went up private sale online (not here) a few days ago and sold in 15 minutes @900$. They aren’t trending cheap.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Good Day All-

I hope you are doing great.

Would anyone be able to help guide me to a place where I could find a box of Arturo Fuente Rare Pink - Sophisticated Hooker? I asked in a local group and found a place that sold only one or two and got to get one and it was Great, now I want a box. It seems like all the online places our out of stock.

Anyone have a line on where I could find a box that is not a billion dollars like the one place I found online?

Best regards, Tony
I know palates differ but to me, the Rare Pinks aren’t worth the chase, let alone the crazy boosted prices. I have a few of the first 4 and after trying one of each, none of them wowed me. They’re certainly different than any other Fuente but glad I didn’t go crazy when they came out. Of course ymmv so good luck on your search.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
As with most Fuente products you can accept the prices online (which are inflated) where they are available, or shop local with more limited availability but (maybe) better prices. The days of finding stuff at MSRP is fading fast. When I used to live within a drivable distance of B&M’s that carried the more desirable skus in season as long as you where a frequent shopper you where rewarded with moderately priced items for being a loyal customer. It still happens but it’s few and far between.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Are people really paying $2,700 for boxes of LE Opus X?
Probably. I mean, there’s bound to be someone out there with more cents than sense.

But wondering if the OX would be a better buy than this:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Probably. I mean, there’s bound to be someone out there with more cents than sense.

But wondering if the OX would be a better buy than this:

In all fairness, I have a Padron 50th Anniversary on the way. I have bought God of Fire, Opus X, and Davidoff Aniversario at the lounge, but at MSRP. So, I don't disparage people that smoke expensive sticks. I will say that there is a point of diminishing returns at around $20. Past that it is about name and a cool story. I could never see paying $200+ for a cigar. That is a mental game of chasing a prize or prestige instead of real price versus taste buying.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
In all fairness, I have a Padron 50th Anniversary on the way. I have bought God of Fire, Opus X, and Davidoff Aniversario at the lounge, but at MSRP. So, I don't disparage people that smoke expensive sticks. I will say that there is a point of diminishing returns at around $20. Past that it is about name and a cool story. I could never see paying $200+ for a cigar. That is a mental game of chasing a prize or prestige instead of real price versus taste buying.
For me, the experience of smoking with friends and or family at a lounge many times overrides the cost of the cigar. For those one-off moments, I know I’ve sometimes overpaid…but it didn’t matter.

We’re celebrating our 50th h.s. reunion next year so a bunch of my classmates and I bought some Padron 50ths. Offhand I don’t remember where we bought them from but do recall we paid about $37.00 each. We’re planning on going to a cigar-friendly outdoor bar to smoke and drink some adult beverages during our school’s Alumni Week next June. Haven’t seen some of the guys since graduation.

And I agree, around $20 (…maybe $25 in todays market…) is where the cigar doesn’t necessarily justify the cost. Then again, I’m sure I’ve bought more overpriced $15 or less cigars than I have over $20 ones since I’m much more wary at that price point. .

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It all depends on how much extra lettuce you have.

A Sommelier friend of mine tells the story of crazy rich Asians spending 1 K+ on a bottle of wine and mixing Coca Cola with it, he cries when they do that but they are good tippers.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It all depends on how much extra lettuce you have.

A Sommelier friend of mine tells the story of crazy rich Asians spending 1 K+ on a bottle of wine and mixing Coca Cola with it, he cries when they do that but they are good tippers.
Reminds me of my friend talking about this Japanese customer he had. The guy would drink Johnny and Lemon, but only made with Johnny Walker Blue Label. Basically, Sprite and Scotch with $200 Scotch Whisky.

The guy tipped the price of the drink though. So, my friend made the guy as many as he wanted.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Reminds me of my friend talking about this Japanese customer he had. The guy would drink Johnny and Lemon, but only made with Johnny Walker Blue Label. Basically, Sprite and Scotch with $200 Scotch Whisky.

The guy tipped the price of the drink though. So, my friend made the guy as many as he wanted.
A wealthy buddy of mine gifted me a $250 bottle of Dom to make mimosas with. I didn't. I drank it. And wasn't all that impressed TBH.

Wine + Coke tho, OMG.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk