What's new

Aston VSG Torpedo

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just finished this fine cigar. I have to admit that I was leary of buying an Ashton, as my memory of them was that they were too mild for my tastes-ten years ago. I stopped by the Havana Room storefront in Beverly Hills this AM while out doing my errands and the salesman recommended this cigar.

Prelight it had a nice fragerance and nice firm, but not too tight,construction. It clipped well and didn't mash up. Lighting it was a breeze and my initial response was that it would be a nice smoke. It didn't dissapoint. I smoked it down to the nub. Stayed smooth, but full bodied throughout and was never bitter, even towards the end. I only had to re-light it once, at the very end, almost scorched my nose...Except for the rather steep price, about fifteen bucks, I would say that it was one of the top five cigars I've had this month. I would highly recommend this cigar to anyone who likes a full, tastey, big cigar. Didn't disappoint in the slightest.

Allan

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Nice! I haven't ever had one, but my local shop has tons of them. I'll have to pick one up sometime!

TYLER

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Definitely one of the only premiums worth the price tag, imo. You should be able to get them online for around $10 ea.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I had one a few weeks ago, not the torp though...forget the size. Great smoke, I hadn't had one in a while either and forgot how much I enjoy them.

Maybe one tomorrow night at the weekly herf, although I have my eye out for the CAO Soprano.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Ashton VSG is an excellent smoke, but the torpedoes are a bit pricey. I get the Tres Mystique by the box, and smoke one on my way to work pretty much each morning. It is a quick smoke (25-30 minutes at most), but doesn't lack on that VSG flavor.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
What's a box of those go for? Always looking for a nice box of quick smokes....