What's new

At what age?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I assume this has been beat to death numerous times, but if you wouldn't mind, how about one more time with feeling!
:lol:

I've read that Sig VI's are good in 6 months... True or False?

I have a buddy who says he is very underwhelmed with them at this point, BUT, we are talking very young inventory. LLN JUN 04 (tubos), LLN ABR 04, GKI JUN 04.

Would one of those maybe smoke better than the others? If so, why?

How bout Sig I's? AIS MAY 04

Two of those have brought a kinda "eh" indifference.

On the other hand, the young CoRo's really kick ass.

:smt017

Strictly taste or is there a tried and true formula and an accepted set of indicaters to look for??

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
N2Advnture said:
The "Rule of Thumb" is smoke them within the first 4-6 months of the box code, otherwise wait at least a year.
Or with cohibas.. I would like to extend the wait time to at LEAST 18 months.. preferably 2.5 years.. they won't taste bad.. just flat.. my theory what the 3rd fermentation does to a cigar.. they don't go traditionally sick to the same extent as others.. but they are flat and one dimentional.

I have smoked a few of the siglo 6 with varied result... the boxed version were great.. the tubos.. will be great for those who are patient.. I've been building up my inventory of tubos.. but I am fully aware that they are not likely to smoke well for another 2-3 years...

THis of course is according to my perception and palet.. not for everyone.. I just like my cohibas to taste multi layered and have those loverly bean flavours as a back drop to the grassiness and earhty elements...
Others may disagree :wink:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
hawkan2580 said:
N2Advnture said:
The "Rule of Thumb" is smoke them within the first 4-6 months of the box code, otherwise wait at least a year.
Or with cohibas.. I would like to extend the wait time to at LEAST 18 months.. preferably 2.5 years..
I agree with N2 on the "rule of thumb" but hawkan's thought's directed specificly at cohiba's are spot on in my eyes :smt045

DocRKS

Herf Doctor
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just opened a TEN box of Siglo VIs - LLN May 04 --- normally, you would think it's way to early to torch these --- but these are smoking BEAUTIFULLY !!!!
A little peppery but wonderfully balanced with the Cohiba creaminess . :!: :!: