What's new

Austin and then South Padre?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So I've got a conference in February-- I'll wind up spending four nights in Austin and then four nights on the beach at South Padre Island. Any recommended lounges/shops? Or any other fun diversions, for that matter? Thanks!

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Check out 6th street and South Congress. There is a place called Hop Doddys on South Congress that has burgers that are out of this world. There is a place on 6th street called Bobalu's and they roll their own cigars there. The smokes are ok but it's neat to watch. The owner is cool. Pretty much a lot of cool bars and a bunch of cool shops to go check out. Parking can be a bitch sometimes but there are pay to park lots. Lots of great food trucks too.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That sounds like a fun trip. In Austin, I haven't been to any shops but as mentioned above, there's LOTS of great food. From what I see on IG of the guys in Austin they love Stiles Switch BBQ. You could hike up Mount Bonnell, it has pretty cool views. There's also great bars. If you want to get crazy go to 6th street, there's also Rainey street which is more low key. Haven't been to Padre in forever but relaxing on the beach is never a bad thing.