SHAPE: Robusto
ORIGIN: Dominican (Davidoff)
WRAPPER: Sun Grown Ecuador
BINDER: Dominican
FILLER: Dominican Republic
STRENGTH: Medium - Full
SIZE: 5 x 52
PRICE: ~$12.00

I had a little time to kill before going to the hockey game the other night, so I stopped by a cigar shop to get a smoke. They didn't have what I was looking for, so I asked for a suggestion, and the salesman immediately mentioned the Avo as being his favorite. I hung out there at the shop and enjoyed it. They have big squashy leather chairs near the front, and I wound up talking with a regular customer there about old hot rods.

Pre light aroma was nice, very pleasant. Construction was very good, though the wrapper was a little heavily veined near the head. First puff was an overwhelming oak flavor, which settled down after a few minutes and remained fairly constant with a nutty and slightly leathery taste and a hint of spice. I smoked it right down to the nub, with my fingers getting hot from the oils being chased down the wrapper.

What PipesandCigars.com has to say about it:

For Avo Uvezian's 75th birthday, Avo cigars created a new blend to celebrate. These cigars are adorned with a sun-grown Ecuadorian wrapper and a Dominican binder that contains a wonderful blend of Dominican fillers. All 5 sizes are offered in boxes of 10. The new series from cigar artist AVO Uvezian is as unmistakable as this jazz musician's signature. The robust and aromatic taste distinguishes the three classical formats of the new AVO Signature series. As in all AVOs, the strength is harmoniously balanced out in the aroma.
Another well written review: http://www.epinions.com/content_268388699780

My review - A darn decent smoke. Not sure if I'd throw down another $12 on one, but I wouldn't hesitate to accept one from a friend, or pick some up if I ran across them on sale. This is one of those, that might grow on me. We'll see...

3 stars. (*****)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I've often thought of trying one of these myself, guess I'll have to go get one now. This site and reviews are going to break me! :thumbsup: :clap: But I just can't think of too many other things I'd like to spend my cash on.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Thanks for the reveiw

I enjoy the AVOs but I don't think I have had this one