What's new

Awesome lighter, with a story.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My grandfather in law passed away last year. Broke my wife's heart. They were very close. He was an old army vet and Georgia Bulldogs fan. He used to smoke cigarettes, but quit when he met his wife. My wife being the history buff that she is located this lighter in his house and asked to keep it, along with some of his army pins.

The lighter did not work. I took it upon myself to rehab it and get it back up and running again.

Its a Robson Veraflame that was probably bought in the 60's. It has been all over the world. My wife has allowed me to keep it with my other lighters with my cigar stuff, and has graciously given permission to use it to smoke cigars with.

I just lit a cigar with it in memory of him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's an awesome story! Was the restoration a difficult one?
It actually was not.

It needed flint, and some cleanup. I disassembled the lighter and used some rubbing alcohol to clean the dust and dirt off the gas port/striker wheel.

I filled it up and it would not hold butane at all. Took the fill valve off and found the o-ring was twisted. I removed the twist and reassembled. It holds gas now. I need to find a set of o-rings and replace them all just because they probably need it.

The exterior of the lighter is in great shape. The bottom has some scratches, but it's probably from use and adds character.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk