What's new

Awesomeness

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
as someone who has been reading tolkien since 2nd grade(go catholic ed!), i REALLY wanted the integrity of these properties maintained. and it totally has been! they keep it up with this one, i will be one happy furry-toed fat man. o)

and no, not cosplay, just scottish ancestry. wolly for camouflage when sneaking up on sheep.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Saw the preview in theaters a few weeks ago. Looks as epic as the LOR movies. Will bring the oldest to see it cause my younger ones will never sit through it all. Brats.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Being a HUGE fan of the LOTR trilogy I've been waiting for this to hit theaters. Peter Jackson is behind it so you know the quality will be the same.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
cANT WAIT, ITS GOING TO BE EPIC. It being a 2 part movie also makes me really happy, at the very least it means that they will have more time to keep true to the book instead of crammiong it all in

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I'm really looking forward to it!

Read the Hobbit and other Lord Of the Rings books to my son when he was young and we saw all three of the movies together. It was great father/son bonding experience for us! Now that he is 20 he may not want to be seen with his old man at the theater but I am going to invite him anyways.

Rupe

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be Epic!! also check out some of the "making of" video blogs on YouTube very fun and keeps the juices flowing, good suff...

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Yeah, I've been pretty stoked about these! I think the coolest part is, the 2nd movie will also address some of the events that took place in the 70 or so years between the events of the Hobbit, and Fellowship of the Ring (books).

There was a very long drawn out drama that took place surrounding trying to make these movies. Peter Jackson was NOT originally a director. Google about it all. Pretty drawn out affair. But once Jackson took over, it's been speeding by. He should have been at the helm from the beginning.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yeah Pete Jackson doesn't hold back when it comes to LOTR. Quality and consistency will remain intact, you can take that to the bank. Also with his track record there will be extended version that later will come out on DVD so for some of us "hardcore" folk will be dieing to see the extra footage.
With the LOTR franchise holding some pretty amazing film records I think these two films will be done amazingly. I hope the LOTR collection will reach 25 oscars total. That would be an accomplishment. I believe the trilogy already has 16 or 17.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I also appreciate the fact that Jackson doesn't treat his diehard LOTR fans like shit the way Lucas does. Jackson came out with them as regular releases. Then came out with a extended edition. Then blu-ray, and finally a blu-ray extended that had everything. Lucas just puts little bits here and there and then releasing new editions with shit that should have been in the releases before it.