What's new

B&M Purchase and Mini-Review

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had opportunity to be wandering the streets of Munich last week, and came across Zechbauer Munchen, an absolutely amazing cigar shop which also carried a huge selection of high end accessories, such as what seemed like the entire line of ST Dupont. They also had a Scotch wall, on which the worst option was Lagavulin 16. It smelled amazing and just walking around was a delight.

Naturally I got sucked into their walk-in humidor, and once I realized/remembered that you can actually sell Cubans outside the US, I realized that I would be smoking that night. I don't know my Habanos as well as others, but I have had a Bolivar and have a Partagas No 5 at home, so I skipped those and ended up with a Montecristo No 5, largely influenced by the fact that I would be smoking it outside in the Alps at night, so I wanted something fast. I estimate it was a 4x40 or so, petite corona size. The shop kindly offered to cut it for me and outfitted me with a box of cigar matches, so not having my "kit" was not an issue.

Overall I enjoyed it more than I expected. The flavor was good for my heavily Connecticut-leaning tastes (I am not actually sure what kind of wrapper this is but I think it is a little darker than most CTs I've seen, maybe a Habano). Construction and burn was great, especially since I asked a bit more of it by leaving it outside while I went in to warm up/refill my glass. I tried to take some pictures of the Alps lit up at night while I smoked, but that is just impossible to photograph with a phone so I settled for this.