What's new

Baker's Bourbon

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
From the small batch of Beam Bourbons.

I'm a big Knob Creek fan, so I guess it should come as no surpise to me that I like this stuff. In fact, in reading some on it, I get the feeling that this might be (oversimplifying a bit, but) a younger version of KC. I bought this bottle last week after seeing quite a few reveiws stating that it was the best of the Small Batch collection (Knob Creek, Baker's, Booker's, Basil Hayden), as well as reading the write up from one of the tasters for the World Whiskies Awards in which Baker's took World's best Bourbon and American Whisky. I've not had the other two, but Bakers will take up a standard position right next to my Knob Creek bottle for sure.

Upon cracking the wax and removing the cork there was an immediate and WONDERFUL smell of Maple with mabye some chocolate or caramel as well. I'm not good with these types of writeups, so all I can tell you is I could have sat there sniffing the bottle for an hour. The taste is bold and you can definately see the difference the 3 years makes between this and Knob Creek. Definately not a Todd bourbon. :wink:

If you like Knob Creek I definately recommend picking up a bottle of the Baker's. Good stuff. Might want to try to catch it on sale though as it is a bit pricey (mid to high $30s).

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
yummy!! i've been on a total bourbon kick lately (go figure.....)

another on my "list to try!"

thanks, no really! :crackwhip

jeff

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
From the small batch of Beam Bourbons.

I'm a big Knob Creek fan, so I guess it should come as no surpise to me that I like this stuff. In fact, in reading some on it, I get the feeling that this might be (oversimplifying a bit, but) a younger version of KC. I bought this bottle last week after seeing quite a few reveiws stating that it was the best of the Small Batch collection (Knob Creek, Baker's, Booker's, Basil Hayden), as well as reading the write up from one of the tasters for the World Whiskies Awards in which Baker's took World's best Bourbon and American Whisky. I've not had the other two, but Bakers will take up a standard position right next to my Knob Creek bottle for sure.

Upon cracking the wax and removing the cork there was an immediate and WONDERFUL smell of Maple with mabye some chocolate or caramel as well. I'm not good with these types of writeups, so all I can tell you is I could have sat there sniffing the bottle for an hour. The taste is bold and you can definately see the difference the 3 years makes between this and Knob Creek. Definately not a Todd bourbon. :wink:

If you like Knob Creek I definately recommend picking up a bottle of the Baker's. Good stuff. Might want to try to catch it on sale though as it is a bit pricey (mid to high $30s).
A Todd bourbon? :rofl:

So it had a littlebite huh?

Thanks. :thumbsup: