What's new

Baltimore

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Hey guys I am going to be in Baltimore this week. I am flying in the 24th and open to meet up with some folks for a smoke. I can meet up Mon, Tues, or Wed night. JUst let me know.

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
where are you staying? downtown baltimore?

and I think Fredneck might have got it wrong...I've been able to smoke at all the cigar lounged / shops I've been to since the ban took effect?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I can meet up tonight...and I've been able to smoke at all the shops I go to. Don't know where one is in Baltimore though, but if somebody posts a place up, I'm willing to meet.

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
there's a few in the city area...just depends on what part you're looking at.

Havana Club and Cross Street Tobacco are near the downtown area.
Mt. Washington Cigar is further north. nice smoking lounge.
Humidour, which their new location i hear is amazing is a little further north as well

Davidus in Elicott city has a nice smoking lounge, but its a bit far from downtown, but within 30 minutes or so.

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I was told Havana Club had to wait until April to petition for an exemption :dunno:
weird. maybe their bound by some other rule since they're kinda attached to ruth's chris or maybe make most of their money by alcohol sales? I think you have to make like 15% of your income from tobacco to be able to claim an exemption from the ban.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yes, havana club is currently under the ban, they have to wait 3 months before they can get their exemption processed based on lost income because they don't qualify as a cigar store, I think because they serve food or their alcohol revenues are too high and they don't have enough tobacco sales revenue. That's the only place I'm personally familiar with in Baltimore itself, but other cigar stores should be exempt.

Additionally, i believe the "famous people's" humidors are actually just the doors to the humidification systems for their lockers. I worry about the real people's cigars though...they're either gonna turn to dust or all explode.

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
i'm just waitin to see where he's staying before I can give any other ideas. the ones i listed above seem to be most of the smoking lounges i can think of in the baltimore area