What's new

BBQ Sauce Diasters

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's spring in Northern AZ which means the start of BBQ season. I enjoy making my own sauces based on what I can find in the grocery store.

Today's attempt was peach habanero since the peppers looked good (at least they were shiny). I managed to come up with a weaponized aerosol sinus clearing mess.

Anyone care to share sauce mishaps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
It's spring in Northern AZ which means the start of BBQ season. I enjoy making my own sauces based on what I can find in the grocery store.

Today's attempt was peach habanero since the peppers looked good (at least they were shiny). I managed to come up with a weaponized aerosol sinus clearing mess.

Anyone care to share sauce mishaps?

No, but now I want to know more about your sauce.
Because the name sounds delicious... and
The result sounds hilarious.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, but now I want to know more about your sauce.
Because the name sounds delicious... and
The result sounds hilarious.
As soon as the kitchen is again safe for human occupancy and the canaries stop dying I'll get my notebook and post the recipe. Right now I'm outside with a San Cristobal Revelation and a box of Kleenex for my nose.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I like doing Ribs in the oven, I make my own dry rub.

Basic Ingredents are:

Brown Sugar

Garlic Powder

Ground Pepper

Chili Powder

Dry Mustard

Ground Sage

The amount of each, and a dab of this and that are constantly changing. When the rub taste good it goes on the Ribs both side,, and they go in the referagerator 12 -24 before the oven baking.

Then the trick is putting the Ribs in a pan with cover, on a rack above Bourbon, Cheap Borrbon will do, and cook 8 - 12 hours at 170 degrees, until the bone is like a knife coming out of a leather sheath.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Honestly I like Hot Stuff, but I tend to not do hot & spicy ribs, and the other half is 180 my opposite when it come to heat.

My father use to say cooking is the ability to read & follow directions. Honeslty with the Internet, there are many great cooking tips, receipts, place to buy Ingredents, spices, peppers, and sauces.

All it take is an investment of time to be a great cook or local barbeque expert. I am lucky live where I do with a huge Hispanic population, many markets that cater to this population. Chil's and other Ingredents are so easy & cheap to come by.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
It's funny how AZMurse and SurfnSafari are trying to have a reasonable conversation about BBQ sauce, and then the pack of delinquents arrive.:whistle:

Hey Beavis... he says he's gonna make "sauce"

Sorry Murse :sorry:

:hilarious:
Yeah, Brandon and I have found ourself in the same position repeatedly. You come to just accept and expect it...

Now what happened with this damn sauce!?! Is Murse OK? Did he survive the trip Back into the kitchen?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
It's funny how AZMurse and SurfnSafari are trying to have a reasonable conversation about BBQ sauce, and then the pack of delinquents arrive.:whistle:

Hey Beavis... he says he's gonna make "sauce"

Sorry Murse :sorry:

:hilarious:

The funny thing is this behavior would not happen in person, it would not exist, it is the same type of people who stur up stuff on Twitter. Call them delquents, trols, or what ever you wish.

They are the Hemorides of the Internet, big pain in the A**.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
The funny thing is this behavior would not happen in person, it would not exist, it is the same type of people who stur up stuff on Twitter. Call them delquents, trols, or what ever you wish.

They are the Hemorides of the Internet, big pain in the A**.
Yes it would and does happen in person, with people who have a sense of humor and can take a joke, or get one when it's made.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yes it would and does happen in person, with people who have a sense of humor and can take a joke, or get one when it's made.

Well when I was very young we had this kid come to a vacant lot we alway build stuff for fun. He would come after we left and destroy our projects. We did not take it as a joke when we caugh him. We told him if he did it again, he would pay.

Apparently he thought we were joking, did it again, got caught. So we stripped his butt naked, he found the stripped so let say got banged up in the process, but in the end took his clothing.

He had to go home in the middle of the afternoon naked. Let's say he did not return to what we consider our lot to destroy anything.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0