What's new

Be your own boss - own a Cigar lounge

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a Cigar lounge in Wisconsin with a smoking exception for cigars only. This business can be sold and moved to a new location within the State of Wisconsin. With the 2010 smoking ban, no new cigar bar or merchant opening after June 2009 will have this legal exception to allow smoking in a cigar lounge and/or retail store. Only existing cigar stores and cigar lounges (holding a class B license with 15% cigar sales) opened before this date will have the legal smoking exception. We opened the lounge in July of 2008 and currently have cigar sales that exceed 15% of our gross sales. We also hold a class B liquor license. I am preparing to sell the business.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Welcome mzehr and good luck. Nice looking place and pretty good web site.
If I were still in Wisconsin, I'd take a long hard luck at that. As it is, I spent 20 years in that state and won't do more than a week at a time anymore....and only in the summer :)

RyJ, I'm not positive, but I thing that's where he started this and got thumped.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dave, it's a unique situation and the smoking ban is still fairly new. I am getting a lot of calls from people looking for the few places left to smoke a good cigar. I'm in a smaller town and think if someone from Milwaukee or Madison wants to invest in a business, it would be a big success. I have even thought it would be good for an existing bar, hotel, or restaurant.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out, Dave.

Mzehr,

An opportunity like this has always been a dream of mine and I'm from WI...unfortunately, the timing is WAY off for me. Oh well.

Best of luck with your sale!

Jeffrey L.