What's new

Beautiful Humidor, but not holding Rh

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Ron, a couple of years ago, my lovely bride presented my with a beautiful desktop humidor. I have been fighting with the humidity ever since.

I've seasoned it. I've performed the "light test". I've even had a wood working coworker take a look at it. The general consensus is that the cedar was dried before the box was made.

The problem is that I really like the humidor, and it has some sentimental value as well. Is there any way to rehydrate the wood without running the risk of warping or cracking?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Dan, The Humidipak company has a great product called the Seasoning Pack. It has a humidity level of 84%. It will season a humidor safely without the risks that other seasoning methods present. The secret is too put 2 or 3 packs inside of the humidor, and keep it closed for 2 weeks. DO NOT OPEN THE HUMIDOR. After 2 weeks, check the packs. If they are completely dried out, the process can be repeated. The key to not ruining your humidor is to season it slowly, and not to introduce too much humidity. The Seasoning Pack will do both. I sell them, as well as Heartfelt Industries.