What's new

Beer Pairings

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
There might be a thread on this already, but I was wondering if there were some good cigar to beer pairings. I like full flavored beers and stouts so I was wondering if anyone had a few good combos to sugest?

Thanks,

JM

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Chimay and Hoyo DC's work great
Victory Storm King with Partagas SD4 and Shorts
Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA with Montes and San Cristobal

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Funny this thread came up, we were just talking about this at a herf.

I think it is tough to match beer and cigars because they both have very strong flavors. A good stout will coat your tongue and will take flavors away from the cigar. An IPA will be too hopped and take away from the cigar. I think a good pairing would be a good lager or pilsner. Both should be clean and not over powering depending on the choice of lager or pilsner. I'm still trying to find the right ones out of those categories.

On the other hand, if I just want a cigar and a beer and am not concerned with the flavors clashing, I'll grab a good stout. I have found IPAs just don't work well.

Since beers are so regional you just need to find a good bottle shop in your area, see what they have and start trying some beers. Hopefully they have a singles section so you can try a variety for less of an investment.