What's new

Benefit of the doubt

Do you ever give the benefit of the doubt to these cigars?

• Habanos

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Cheaper cigars

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Expensive cigars

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Limited/HTF cigars

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • New cigars

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Cigars popular on BOTL

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Cigars from your favorite manufacturer

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • Pre-release cigars

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Sticks someone gave you

Votes: 16 25.4%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'll give the benefit of the doubt to a cheap cigar that has been recomended or recieved a favorable review now, but I don't think I'll ever buy one I've never smoked now cold. Having ahd some finer cigars vs the cheaper ones I started with I'd almost rather smoke one or two now and then than have a tastless stick.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'll agree on the I'd rather smoke a good cigar once week comment, but trial & error is an learning experience I've come a custom too when purchasing samplers, so I'd have to say I have a humi full of sticks that I have know idea of how good they are but we shall see.

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
"Since then I've started smoking a lot of more expensive cigars, and like many other cheaper favorites, this stick has fallen by the wayside."

Nate.. it's called "evolution".....
your tastes evolve and your priorities change....

I used to drink Jim Beam and Dewars too.....but my economic situation and palate evolved.... to Woodford and Knob Creek and Macallan 18 and Compass Box Hedonism and The Peat Monster......
same thing happens with cigars....'

but every once in awhile.. I'll have a Beam and Coke and a Fuente Double Chateau SG and reflect on how much simpler my life was ..... as well as how lucky I am...... and it turns out to be a great evening.

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I will say, I don't give any extra points to Habanos because I am just not a heavy habano smoker. I definitely give more credence to my favorite producer/brand and to the LE stuff. My thought is if you are going to make an LE release, it had better be good enough to warrant an LE tag. I also listen to the BOTL lineup, most guys here have good taste. :) Except that Rabb guy, he sucks. /wink

I got to say, I have a swayed opinion of anything by Garcia, Litto, Nestor, Leon, or Padron right now.
'scuse me??? :grin:

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
"Since then I've started smoking a lot of more expensive cigars, and like many other cheaper favorites, this stick has fallen by the wayside."

Nate.. it's called "evolution".....
your tastes evolve and your priorities change....

I used to drink Jim Beam and Dewars too.....but my economic situation and palate evolved.... to Woodford and Knob Creek and Macallan 18 and Compass Box Hedonism and The Peat Monster......
same thing happens with cigars....'

but every once in awhile.. I'll have a Beam and Coke and a Fuente Double Chateau SG and reflect on how much simpler my life was ..... as well as how lucky I am...... and it turns out to be a great evening.
Skipper...you really know how to make a guy jealous!! :tongueout LOL