What's new

Best B&M Retailer Shout Outs

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys,

I have had the luxury of visiting a ton of great retailers all across this country, but obviously my experience with most was as the El Jefe me rather than the Cigar Citizen me, so my view tends to be skewed.

So what I am looking to do is ask everyone, who are some of your favorite B&M retailers across the country?

So being a NH resident, let me start by saying we are blessed in this state to have many great retailers, three that I consider must visits include:

NEW HAMPSHIRE
Two Guys Smokeshop - Dave Garofalo - Salem, Nashua & Seabrook
Twins Smokeshop - Kurt Kendall - Londonderry & Hooksett
Federal Cigars - Rick Gadway - Dover, Epping, Plaistow & Portsmouth

If we get enough responses, maybe we can create a list...

Thanks,

STS

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Casa De Montrecristo (Countryside, IL)
Burning Leaf (Plainfield, IL)

and being in New England, I definitely second Federal. Heard great things about Twins also. Been in Two Guys a few times and have had less than thrilling experiences recently. Guy in Salem kept insisting there was no TAA 2011 as I was buying 2012 TAAs. Other times, I have gotten hugely different responses depending on my sartorial achievements on that day. Suit gets me great service. Regular clothes, not so much.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's not too many around where I am. However, The Humidour in Cockeysville, MD has been great to me. Fair prices and great owners.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Cigar Inn 73rd St is my go to since it is two blocks from home. Merchants is great for the fact that I can bring my own but that's all that it has going for them.

De La Concha, Davidoff Madison, and Nat Sherman are all nice as well but I rarely go.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
In stl area.... Shout out to Adam Craig at the newer b & m The Cigar Box for having such a warm friendly atmosphere and Alcorn Cigar for their amazing selection!

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Blend Cigar Bar in Indianapolis, IN is a classy place. Good selection of mid to high end cigars. Prices are probably in line with a B&M in a large metropolitan area.
Lounge area is fantastic.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
South Philadelphia, The Twin Shoppe.
It's been around since 1950 and is a real awesome place. Nice selection.
The owner is real welcoming and all the guys that hang there are just as nice.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
for me there are two great B&M's in the area.

First is Maxamar/Small batch in orange, unfkingbelievable humidor the best selection I have ever seen in person. Great staff and oh by the way GREAT prices too! don't plan on showing up and spending less than a $100...

Second is Tobacco Barn in El Toro, fantastic lounge and a great group of guys over there. Good humidor with lots of variety. They have a great pipe room with new and estates as well as a good selection of pipe tobacco too.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The Tobacco Co in Lemoyne, PA just outside of Harrisburg. Very friendly and knowledgable staff, really nice walk in humidor, great lounge and decent prices.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Winston Salem, NC
Twin Cities Cigar Company and Lounge - Excellent service with tons of knowledge, and a good selection of boutiques. You can tell they are passionate.

Morrisville, NC
RJ Tobacco - Some of the most polite and customer service oriented people I have dealt with. It has always been a pleasure to stop in. They are a smaller shop with a more mainstream selection, but you can always find Under Crown, Camacho, Padilla, Ashton, and Kristoff on the shelves.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow passed that place in valley stream for 15 years. totally pictured something else

My pick
Davidoff Madison Ave NYC
I ventured in 1 1/2 yr ago when I got serious about this hobby. Not bad! Nice selection, fair pricing & the lounge is decent looking (never smoked there). I think it used to be like a wholesale tobacco store. Not sure how long ago they went to cigars. They carry pipes as well.
Never Ventured into Davidoff's.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I ventured in 1 1/2 yr ago when I got serious about this hobby. Not bad! Nice selection, fair pricing & the lounge is decent looking (never smoked there). I think it used to be like a wholesale tobacco store. Not sure how long ago they went to cigars. They carry pipes as well.
Never Ventured into Davidoff's.
The Davidoff store and lounge is gorgeous albeit expensive. They also have an excellent excellent selection and great staff. Every so often I rattle off what I like and they suggest a home run for me to try. There are a few nice cigar shops on the North Shore I've been curious about. Will check them out eventually...

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The two that I frequent here on Long Island:
Matador Cigars - Sunrise Highway in Massapequa Park (Also has a location in Roslyn, NY but never been yet)
Jim's Stogies - Main St in Farmingdale
Both have smoking lounges as well.