What's new

Best BFYB ISOM?

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Hey Brothers

What do you think is the best bang for your buck ISOM cigar out there?

Thanks
John

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
This is really a tough choice and you will get lots of different answers. But, I would also have to go with J.L. Sel. #1 or get the #2 if you prefer a robusto.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Well I guess this all depends on what brands you like. But just based on cost, these sure are great values:

ERdM Choix Supreme
Monte #4
Punch RS12
Qd'O Coronas
SLR Regios
SP Non-Plus

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Amount of smoking time + cost per cigar + enjoyment of cigar when smoking + amount of aging required before reaching smokeable level = B.B.F.Y.B.

This then becomes a matter of opinion. Robustos are quick burners when considering the amount of tobacco per cigar. They have an abundance of seco leaves with considerably less oil causing a quicker burn time. PCs generally take a bit less time to smoke (maybe 15 minutes) yet cost 2/3 the price. Generally Corona Gordas are a bit better smoke time and complexity level when compared to Robustos but cost almost the same. So, I would think they are probably the best size for the catergory. Brands that take the least amount of time to come around are Hoyo, JL, possibly SLR and Punch (ONLY when considering one of their CG's; the Black Prince. The others take way too much time). Of those, I would consider these:
Hoyo Epi 1
Juan Lopez Sel 1
San Louis Rey Serie A (Matter of opinion more than the others. I love em young)
Punch Black Prince (haven't had a lot but they seem to be the best young CG from punch)

Now, if you're someone who just wants a decent smoke for CHEAP,
Any Jose Piedra
Bolivar Chicos
Partagas Mille Fleurs
Ramon Allones Bits of Havana

Have fun with it all...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'98 diplomaticos#4...got a few boxes of these last year and i think they are just about the best "after lunch/first cigar of the day" smokes that i have.
76$cuc a box and i am so pleased with what i got.

derrek :)

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
Amount of smoking time + cost per cigar + enjoyment of cigar when smoking + amount of aging required before reaching smokeable level = B.B.F.Y.B.
For me the SCdH El Principe a great pc, takes about 45-60 mins to smoke and are good young and great with a couple years.

just my opinion your mileage may vary :smokingbo

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Actually, it's a minuto. Not quite the size of a PC and a little bit longer then a TPC.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
As mentioned I think the age factor has alot to do with the decision. So..

Young I'd go with:

Boli CJ's
Party SD4's
Mag 46's as Fitsonelove mentioned :applause:
Boli CE's

For aged cigars: I think the 02 Party Coronas are a bargain right now :thumbsup:

Also 3+ year old SP Beli's are a nice smoke for the money and are not to hard to find either.

vewyphishy

Smoking fish
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cf2112 said:
For me the SCdH El Principe a great pc, takes about 45-60 mins to smoke and are good young and great with a couple years.

just my opinion your mileage may vary :smokingbo
Mercy, I smoke slow... but this is really pushing it.

BFYB for me comes down to cabs... and specically, PC or Corona size.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've been enjoying the QdO Coronas lately. In fact, I'm having one with my coffee right now. I've gone through half a box of them and think I'll get another.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When on sale, corona gordas for 6 bucks or less in my opinion represents the best bang for the buck.