What's new

Best Value/Most Underrated Cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

In an effort to restock my humidor I went out and purchased a CAO Champion Sampler and an assorted 90+ rated sampler from Atlantic Cigar.

I know all of our palettes and opinions will vary but as what have you tried and think is a great value smoke. Interested in all your responses!

**Edit- I know there is a discussion on budget sticks but I am more interested in the value (like you felt like you got your moneys worth) whether the cigar was $15 or $5.

Mods if you feel that this is more or less the same feel free to close the thread.

LD

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I think the best value cigar is the Undercrown lineup especially if you get them on Moster. They get pretty good ratings here so I wouldn't call them underrated, just a great cigar for the price you can get them for and I would pay more if I had to. One of my go to smokes.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I would vote for the Gurkha War Pig and Gran Habano Azteca Fuerte if you get them on Cbid. The La Aurora Barrel Aged and Partagas Serie D(Cuban) also top that list.

I almost forgot the La Jugada Prieto. I paid $10 at a b&m and would buy a box at that price if my budget allowed.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Pioneer Valley Maduro - $25 to $28 a box of 20 on cbid, my favorite cigar so far
Man O War Ruination - $15 or $16 for a 5er on cbid
Gran Habano Azteca Fuerte - under $2 each on cbid
Sosa - $28 a bundle of 20 on cbid
La Estrella Cubano - $5 to $7 for a 5er on cbid
Arganese Maduro - $25 a bundle of 20 on cbid
Bahia Gold White Label - around $2 each on cbid
Bahia Blu - $20 a bundle of 20 on cbid
601 F Bomb - $5 each on cbid

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Gibraltar
Mfle corona
Mfle le bijou pr
Tramp stamp
Tat cojonu wet pack *** best value
EPC valuewise is decent
Just to clarify, all of these are not just good values but very good, if not close to excellent sticks At $4-7 each other than wet packs. Call me a snob but I wouldn't smoke most of the stuff people consider budget smokes because better cigars can be had for about the same price.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Just to clarify, all of these are not just good values but very good, if not close to excellent sticks At $4-7 each other than wet packs. Call me a snob but I wouldn't smoke most of the stuff people consider budget smokes because better cigars can be had for about the same price.
It's not snobbery, you've just built yourself a palette that enjoys higher quality tobacco.

Aj Fernandez has excellent value line sticks in the Diesel, MOW that are consistent and pretty damn tasty for what they can be had at. He also has phenomenal sticks that fall in the 4-7 range (New World, San Latano Oval) in my opinion, right now he offers the best overall value for your money.

Matilde Renacer Corona/Lancero
Cain F Lancero
Brazilia GoL
Padron Londres
Curivari
Rocky Patel Vintage 90/92
Illusione Rothschild
Tatuaje PCR
Surrogates Cracker Crumbs

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
It's not snobbery, you've just built yourself a palette that enjoys higher quality tobacco.

Aj Fernandez has excellent value line sticks in the Diesel, MOW that are consistent and pretty damn tasty for what they can be had at. He also has phenomenal sticks that fall in the 4-7 range (New World, San Latano Oval) in my opinion, right now he offers the best overall value for your money.

Matilde Renacer Corona/Lancero
Cain F Lancero
Brazilia GoL
Padron Londres
Curivari
Rocky Patel Vintage 90/92
Illusione Rothschild
Tatuaje PCR
Surrogates Cracker Crumbs
You beat me to the punch here. I think AJ easily is the best value in the market. La herencia cubana oscuro. Pretty tasty smoke for $2-3. Same thing can be easily said about MoW and diesel. The Armada was probably the only smoke that while good, was a joke at $20. I'm yet to find an AJ blend that I truly hated.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
^^^^ completely agree with this ^^^^

hard to beat diesel unholy cocktail, MoW, San Lotano, Nica Libre and others for low cost, very good tasting cigars...

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Undercrown (3-4 from cigarauctioneer)
La aurora Preferido maduro #1 ( 3-4 from cigar auctioneer)
Viva republica Guerilla Warfare (4 bucks b&m)
CAO LX2 (3 bucks cigar auctioneer)
H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon (3-4 bucks cigar auctioneer)
Tatuaje verocu (4 bucks b&m)
Carnios maduro robusto (2 bucks cigarauctioneer)

My go to list usually

SouthernerInSask

© MCMLXI
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
La Perla Habana Black Pearl Morado is a really good cigar and can be had for $2-3 a cigar
Agree. Its well worth the price. I would also add the LPH Rojo.

Used to be able to get Torano Exodus line for $3 per, on auction. Another great value, especially the Silver

Almost anything Fuente makes (the regular lines) is good value to me.