What's new

Beverage of the Night 2/8/06

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
What a great, great beer. One of the best I have had in a while.

As you pour this rich golden ale into your glass, consider your surroundings. Are you in a restaurant? Outside on the deck? Is it hot and humid? Cold and brisk? Take a drink. Feel the way Hennepin is bright and lively in your mouth with a warming mix of spicy gingersnap and citrusy hops. Refreshing. Relaxing. It's true: no matter where you are, Hennepin is the perfect ale for all seasons.

Try Hennepin with:
rustic fare such as quiche, bread and cheeses, roasted chicken, fresh water fish, including shellfish (especially lobster). Hennepin's coriander and ginger notes lend themselves to the composed spicing in Asian cuisines. It goes well with Thai and Indian cuisine, sushi, Mongolian hotpots, fried fish, spare ribs and Peking duck.

Reviews:
"Despite Saison's relative obscurity, there are several excellent American examples. Brewery Ommegang, in Cooperstown, New York, has been making its version, Hennepin, for five years. It's a bit sweeter than the Duponts, with a nice balance and notes of tropical fruit." -GOURMET MAGAZINE

"Raw and complex yet oh so drinkable, impossible to tell it would have been from NY in a blind tasting. One of our favourites, bring a couple of 750 ml bottles to the dinner party and see if this sparks anyone’s interest away from wine ." TODD ALSTROM is President and Co-founder of BEER ADVOCATE.COM

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
The great part is that this beer has a cork & a wire cap holding it down just like champagne.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have seen Hennepin somewhere... well i guess it was a bar, but never noticed the cork top

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tried the Hoegaarden Grand Cru last night which was very good, and the Grimbergen Dubbel which was very disappointing, far too sweet!!

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
i am going to have to go try some now... now that i found my retailer here i will be able to try these things....