What's new

Bics - soft flames

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I like the bics ... recently pulled out the djeep ones that Tatuaje hands out... took the label off tho ... can’t look like a fan boy

but the djeeps dont seem to be as good as my bics aside from holding a larger tank

but yeah... I ain’t going back to torches ever again

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I have seen way too many people use triple and quadruple flame torch lighters that burn the hell out of a cigar and screw up the flavors for the first 1-2 inches. I try and use a soft flame whenever possible however if I'm outside it can be difficult if there is the least amount of wind. If windy I use a single flame torch so as not to overheat things.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have seen way too many people use triple and quadruple flame torch lighters that burn the hell out of a cigar and screw up the flavors for the first 1-2 inches. I try and use a soft flame whenever possible however if I'm outside it can be difficult if there is the least amount of wind. If windy I use a single flame torch so as not to overheat things.
This...^^^^

I prefer a soft flame if conditions are right, but I never smoke inside. A single or double torch are more reliable outside. Agree the triple and quads are overkill and detrimental. I keep one for really windy days, though.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yep. Full size bic. Got an orange in my pocket old reliable. Torches are cool but have let me down before.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I’ve got sissy thumbs that don’t like holding the trigger down that long or don’t like getting burned when the metal parts heat up. But yes, I keep one with my kit at all times for those instances where my torch inevitably fails me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Love em for travel when I don't wanna risk loosing a torch to the travel police, at home, there's just something satisfying about lighting my cigar with q flame that could melt metal!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Seeing as I've lit my cigar off the stove before, you know IDGAF. As long as it doesn't impose a flavor (e.g., Zippo), it's fine by me.

Bics stay in the rotation along with the crappy, see-through, off-brand lighters. I mess with most of them for a more substantial flame.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
if I use a soft flame, it'll be a bic. very reliable. they're good a touching up cigars, though I prefer a torch when lighting. and, for the most part, bics are useless outside with any wind.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How you feeling now? Any better?
hope all is well old man
Thx Chuck...as a matter of fact I am back in the hospital where I'm battling an infection that started in my right elbow...spent 5 days running an IV with the mother of all antibiotics... vancomycin... what they use to fight MRSA....which I now have. This is a real and very painful infection that immobilizes the body where I'm virtually paralyzed ( thank God for voice commands to post )

If my posts stop at some point that means I'm in the big Smoking Lounge in the sky...being done in by a skin infection really pisses off the Good Humor Man, know what I mean?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Thx Chuck...as a matter of fact I am back in the hospital where I'm battling an infection that started in my right elbow...spent 5 days running an IV with the mother of all antibiotics... vancomycin... what they use to fight MRSA....which I now have. This is a real and very painful infection that immobilizes the body where I'm virtually paralyzed ( thank God for voice commands to post )

If my posts stop at some point that means I'm in the big Smoking Lounge in the sky...being done in by a skin infection really pisses off the Good Humor Man, know what I mean?
Stay mentally strong and we won’t need to worry about missing your posts

but don’t give up the fight

we are all rooting for you old man

Fight hard and steady

Rating - 100%
17   0   0

Get well soon Gary. You will be in my prayers.