What's new

Big, Bad Torch

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I posted this a another forum and wanted to share here...

Well, on the recommendation of FreefallGuy, I went and got one bad arse butane kitchen torch supposed to be used for creme brulee. I got mine at William Sonoma because I had a gift certificate that I swiped from the wifey's purse that was a wedding gift. This may be one of the best purchases in the lighter dept. one could make. Its big, so its def a table top lighter for the porch at home, but this thing rocks. No need to push the ignition multiple time like I do w/ my Prometheus and it has an ignition lock so you dont have to hold the button while lighting your cigar.

In a land of overpriced, half ass lighters it appears we have a winner.
:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Todd, its perfecto for the deck...by the way nice work on yours. The lowest flame setting(which by the way is a simple, convenient sliding lever) is the perfect setting although if ya crank it up you and 2 or 3 friends could light a puro up at the same time. Its very unpretentious and means business. Big fuel capacity and bottom line, the damn thing works great :smokingco

Hambo

I'm Cigar-a-licious
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was at Bed, Bath and Beyond (Please hold jokes about my lameness) buying butane to refill my torch and I almost bought one of those torches. I think I might pick one up since I smoke almost exclusively at my house on the back porch. Thanks for the info!

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I also wanted one of those vector torches, but they are too much money in my opinion. So I bought a creme brulee torch from BB&B a few months ago. I love it. When I'm home its the only thing I use. Only draw back was I had to get used to it at first so I didn't over light my cigars.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hambo said:
I was at Bed, Bath and Beyond (Please hold jokes about my lameness) buying butane to refill my torch and I almost bought one of those torches. I think I might pick one up since I smoke almost exclusively at my house on the back porch. Thanks for the info!

I bought mine there. This thing is great. Holds plenty of fuel and lights anything in a flash.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL,
You guys are sick maniacs, you're going to burn your faces off with that thing, although it would make a great weapon. Imagine using that instead of mace? Ouch!

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I've used various kitchen torches and I have the vector from mark.

The good thing about the vector is that it's very controllable and can make a nice tight flame - tight enough to light a laguito without torching the wrapper.

Some kitchen flames are not that tight nor do they need to be.

I always said one of the best things about cigars is being able to play with fire...