What's new

big change coming

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have had a struggle with this and its finally about to come to an end. It is a difficult thing to face when a job that you used to love and fought to get back is now the drain of your life.
I interviewed today for a job and was told its mine as long as my background check and MVR come back clean. I have no doubts that they will. The only down side is the huge pay cut I am about to face. I keep track of the budget for my family and know where we stand. It will be very tight for a little while but I know we can make it as long as all the extra indulgences we now take go away.
This has been a very difficult decision to make and I will be glad when it is over so I stop second guessing myself. In the long run for my health and the sake of my family this is for the best.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am in the same position as you I feel. The current job I have pays well, but it is draining mentally and it is also taking a toll on me physically (I sit in an office all day, I'm getting fatter by the day). I have been looking for new work and I am willing to take a pay cut if the job is right and makes me happy. I salute you for making such a hard decision, but it sounds like it's the right one.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I am in the same position as you I feel. The current job I have pays well, but it is draining mentally and it is also taking a toll on me physically (I sit in an office all day, I'm getting fatter by the day). I have been looking for new work and I am willing to take a pay cut if the job is right and makes me happy. I salute you for making such a hard decision, but it sounds like it's the right one.
The main stress I have is an asshole boss. No matter what I do its wrong and he yells. He is so focused on the numbers that he does not see the employees. Both of the other supervisors have had it but have too much invested to walk away. I have 3 years back.
Keep looking and hopefully you will find what you want. As for me I am going into delivery. I can not stand sitting in the office all the time. So I will drive a box truck and deliver appliances. Home by dinner time every night and only have to work every other weekend.
Good luck to you as well brother.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I took an overall pay cut when I came to my current company. It was the best thing I've ever done for my family. More normal hours, I see my kids more often, and I'm able to have lunch and dinner with my family almost every day because I moved to an office a few minutes from home. Pay cuts suck, but sometimes it's worth it.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Best of luck to you brother. These decisions are never easy. I currently love my job and have great job security. I get to work from home and my boss lets me be flecxible with my scheduled when needed. Unfortunately I get paid about half of what I am worth for the work that I do. I have a very good friend that is wanting me to apply at his work where I would most likely make more than double what I am right now. He loves the job and the management there, but it is a sales position and I swore after selling Insurance and Investments for several years and burning out I would never do that again. This isn't for insurance or investments so I am seriously considering because my family desperately needs me to be making more money right now. I will be praying for you, your family, and your situation!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Best of luck to you brother. These decisions are never easy. I currently love my job and have great job security. I get to work from home and my boss lets me be flecxible with my scheduled when needed. Unfortunately I get paid about half of what I am worth for the work that I do. I have a very good friend that is wanting me to apply at his work where I would most likely make more than double what I am right now. He loves the job and the management there, but it is a sales position and I swore after selling Insurance and Investments for several years and burning out I would never do that again. This isn't for insurance or investments so I am seriously considering because my family desperately needs me to be making more money right now. I will be praying for you, your family, and your situation!
Good luck to you as well.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
The main stress I have is an asshole boss. No matter what I do its wrong and he yells. He is so focused on the numbers that he does not see the employees.
You did the right thing brother. The most important factor in any enterprise is human capital. People still matter above anything else. If he doesn't get that...his loss. Everything is gonna be fine -- you'll see! :cigar: (y)

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Good luck to you.

I often have the last conversation with patients before they code, get resuscitated on life support and subsequently removed. Never have I heard anyone say they wish they made more money or worked more. It is almost always telling me enjoy life and family while you can.

Wish I could heed that advice myself, recently took a new job with horrendous hours and hugely stressful.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I can only imagine the stress you have with work.
Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. I know I am doing the right thing but it helps to be reminded.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Good luck man - pretty sure I am going to be pushed down that road within the next year. See a downsizing coming and know I am going to have to look elsewhere. I hope to have as positive an outlook about it as you do.