What's new

Binders ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was kicking around the idea of changing one of the leaves I roll with. Thought I would try a new binder, leaf only ships me a nicaraguan but there not specific on what I'm getting. So what binders would the great minds of BOTL use is the question?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a whopping half dozen different leaves, all from the same vendor, so take it with a grain of salt when I say I really liked Pennsylvania binder from LO even if it was far from a cost effective choice.
But details would help, what are you filling and wrapping it with?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a whopping half dozen different leaves, all from the same vendor, so take it with a grain of salt when I say I really liked Pennsylvania binder from LO even if it was far from a cost effective choice.
But details would help, what are you filling and wrapping it with?
San Andreas wrapper, all Nicaraguan filler

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A nice oily corojo oscuro wrapper half leaf makes a tasty binder for Nic filler.
How it would go with San Andy, I dunno. I can't see where SA would want to play with Nic. But I don't remember that I've tried it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A nice oily corojo oscuro wrapper half leaf makes a tasty binder for Nic filler.
How it would go with San Andy, I dunno. I can't see where SA would want to play with Nic. But I don't remember that
How it would go with San Andy, I dunno. I can't see where SA would want to play with Nic. But I don't remember that I've tried it.
Wrapper gives it a sweet spot, was just mixing it up, I've giving it out and they all like it so must be doing something right. Thanks will try

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the best way to measure it by far. If people come back after it's done and ask about it, you know you did good. They know better than us what's right, we're working a bit blindly here over forum.
I'm too new to be giving advice, but I usually make my nose pick these things. Smell the leaves you have, see what they smell like together and find a 'bouquet' that you like.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've used a variety and found it to be a matter of personal taste preferences in the end. So there is no real right or wrong answer.
With that being said, I always like working with the LO Dominican binder for its strength (not tearing), smoothness, and flavor. Lately I've been using T-13 viso as a binder. It tears easily but when done right, I like it. I have used theLO Nicaraguan binder and didn't like it in my blends right off the table however really liked it after the stick was a year old. 95% of what i roll is smoked within 2 days so aged cigars are not my typical target.
It all depends on what you like and what you are trying to accomplish.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Ecuador seco or Dominican binder from leaf only, based purely on my preferred taste profile

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk