What's new

Bitter cigars are driving me crazy, please help!!

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I had a similar issue a few months ago. Sucked.
I really think it was me. I thought I was over humidifying did a recal on my hygrometer & it read the same as before. Next thing I knew a week had gone by and everything tasted normal again. It was a bit frustrating thinking I'd ruined my precious babies somehow.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High temps don't increase rh but they do increase the amount of moisture in the air. So even at 65%, your cigars can be too moist because of high temp.

This happened to me at 69rh and 77temp.

Cigary helped me lower rh with kl and I've been okay since

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
High temps don't increase rh but they do increase the amount of moisture in the air.
:scratchhe

Relative humidity is the percentage of moisture in the air compared to how much the air can hold. It varies with temperature. Increase in temperature increases the amount of water vapor the air can hold, but not necessarily the RH.

Dan

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
High temps don't increase rh but they do increase the amount of moisture in the air.
:scratchhe

Relative humidity is the percentage of moisture in the air compared to how much the air can hold. It varies with temperature. Increase in temperature increases the amount of water vapor the air can hold, but not necessarily the RH.

Dan
As good an explanation as I've read: Relative humidity generally decreases if temperature increases.
If we say that air is saturated it means that the air is holding maximum amount of water vapour it can hold.In this condition,the relative humidity will be 100 percent.
Air will become saturated if the air temperature is brought down to its dew point temperature.In other words, this means that the relative humidity goes up( to 100 percent) if the temperature is decreased.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read the Wikipedia article on this. Very informative.

As I understand it, rh can remain the same at different temps while having varying amt of water vapor in the air. With this in mind it seems that a increase in temp will increase the Amt of water vapor in the air while not necessarily changing rh. But I could be wrong.