What's new

Blank Cigar Bands - why not Heartfelt and where to turn?

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I was reading through some old threads on blank cigar bands and it seems that a good number of people were making comments about the Heartfelt bands being subpar, or that they should be avoided, or just in general weren't very good.

I'm curious as to why? Looking at them, it seems to be what I'm looking for but I'm wondering if there is a reason why they aren't up to snuff.

I'm looking for blank bands with a small bit of self adhesive so I don't have to use tape or cut parts of backing from a label maker.

If Heartfelt isn't the way to go, are there others out there that are like this that you would recommend? I can use google to find a retailer as easily as the next guy - I'm wondering what people have used and liked.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
These are the first and only kind I have had so far and I'm not too happy with them. But then again, I don't really have anything else to compare them to other than what I have been gifted/bombed on other cigars.

The complaint I have is they don't have enough adhesive to them and can be difficult to stay on the cigars. Most all of mine also have a lip that sticks up and doesn't stay flush to the cigar. You can say the good thing about this is that it's easy to take off the cigar, but I personally don't like them.

With that said, I would rather have these than nothing at all. And you are buying from a good source.

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
These are the first and only kind I have had so far and I'm not too happy with them. But then again, I don't really have anything else to compare them to other than what I have been gifted/bombed on other cigars.

The complaint I have is they don't have enough adhesive to them and can be difficult to stay on the cigars. Most all of mine also have a lip that sticks up and doesn't stay flush to the cigar. You can say the good thing about this is that it's easy to take off the cigar, but I personally don't like them.

With that said, I would rather have these than nothing at all. And you are buying from a good source.
Couldn't agree more...

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I just recently ran into another blank band, much better than the heartfelt. They are adhesive, and cut on one edge so that it can be peeled off easily. They are much higher quality, but I do not know its origins. I'll post a picture later, maybe someone knows what they are.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I got around 200 heartfelt bands which was around 4-5 little stacks of them, when pealed there was a LIGHT(emphasizing LIGHT)adhesive on the left and right side which was also on the front and back. These bands curled a bit from peeling and NEVER stuck on their own around a cigar. I tried dozens of them from each stack with the exact same results then promptly threw them in the trash. I have received cigars with these bands on them and they all seem to just fall off. I will NEVER buy them again as the quality is as cheap as it gets. IMO, I'd rather have nothing than pay for these.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I just recently ran into another blank band, much better than the heartfelt. They are adhesive, and cut on one edge so that it can be peeled off easily. They are much higher quality, but I do not know its origins. I'll post a picture later, maybe someone knows what they are.
I'd be very interested in this... to clarify, is the whole band adhesive or just the ends?

The other points made are good feedback... the lack of adhesion was my concern, especially considering that we all keep our cigars in a humid environment so it's not like the glue has time to "dry".

Big Cle

Smoking on chrome
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
What I have done is make my own....I use my printer to print what I want on the label, cut them out and used pectin to tack the end down. Ive never had any problems.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I'd be very interested in this... to clarify, is the whole band adhesive or just the ends?

The other points made are good feedback... the lack of adhesion was my concern, especially considering that we all keep our cigars in a humid environment so it's not like the glue has time to "dry".
The entire thing is adhesive, if you peel the entire backing off, but if you just peel the end that is marked off, it's just the edge. I really like em! I'll take pictures and post when I get home tonight, check back around 11pm Est.

What I have done is make my own....I use my printer to print what I want on the label, cut them out and used pectin to tack the end down. Ive never had any problems.
Damn, that's a lot of work, but it's nice that it's typed out, so it looks professional.

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
You have too much time on your hands since you're not smoking all those cigars you have, Cle :)

In all seriousness, Cle's bands are very nicely done.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
I got around 200 heartfelt bands which was around 4-5 little stacks of them, when pealed there was a LIGHT(emphasizing LIGHT)adhesive on the left and right side which was also on the front and back. These bands curled a bit from peeling and NEVER stuck on their own around a cigar. I tried dozens of them from each stack with the exact same results then promptly threw them in the trash. I have received cigars with these bands on them and they all seem to just fall off. I will NEVER buy them again as the quality is as cheap as it gets. IMO, I'd rather have nothing than pay for these.
I agree. I have to use a small piece of tape so they dont come off. PITA.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
That is kind of what I was thinking... either type them out in excel or print them on a label maker... but yeah man, that is way too much work to put pectin on each one. In an OCD cage fight, your OCD would probably beat up my OCD. So I'm looking for an easier solution... ha ha ha.

Big Cle

Smoking on chrome
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
You all are giving me too much credit I think....Ive only got a 50 count. Youre right tho I use to do it while sitting at work.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
here's what I'm talking about... I really like these! Top notch, but I know nothing about them!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
here's what I'm talking about... I really like these! Top notch, but I know nothing about them!

Someone on here did a split of like 2500 almost 2 years ago. I have like 30 left. Wish I remembered where they got them from brb.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
He's on other boards. I sent the guy a pm at another site. Hopefully hear something in a week or so. Told him I'll be looking for 10k
Edit: Also emailed him.

Last edited: