What's new

Blending

Do you prefer a single country for wrapper/binder/filler , OR a Mix?

• Single Country, AKA Puro

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Multiple Country Blend

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • No Preference

Votes: 30 50.0%

• Total voters
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you tend to like a single country for wrapper/binder/filler OR a Mix?

Example: Joya de Nicaragua Clasico is completely Nicaraguan while Joya de Nicaragua CyB uses tobaccos from Nicaragua, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, and Peru.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I think some blends just get It "righter" than others from either type but have to admit I've never paid enough attention to those attributes in relation from stick to stick and then identified that as the reason one was better or worse.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm partial to Nicaraguan puros. I've got a friend who was talking shit about the "blueberry essence and dark cherry finish" of a particular blend. I got kind of tired of listening to it so I bet him he couldn't tell the difference between tobaccos and blends. This is a guy who knows cigars so he's no chump, but I whiffed his ass and whiffed it good. In a blind tasting I would bet my left nut that none or at least only 1 or 2 would be able to pick out the blend. We just don't smoke enough cigars and our palates aren't refined enough to do it.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Many of my cigars are Nic puros, but I don't intentionally seek out puros when looking to purchase. It just works out that way, I guess.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm not a huge Puro fan but like everyone else I guess if the cigar is good then it doesn't really matter. I know some companies seem to think they can charge a premium for the Puro which is probably why I don't tend to buy them when I see them.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
down to the smoke. i have no strong preferences until i actually burn a couple few, then i make up my mind.
I am with Sean.

REALLY?!?!?!

Are you the hot chick on the train, standing next to me who can't take her eyes off her phone?

To answer the question:
As long as out tastes good, I don't care where the leaf comes from. Geography is only one variable in the variability of tobacco. Where it was in the plant when they cut it of also matters... And then there is the varietal of the plant.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The only puros I like are Dominican; AF, Crown Heads...othere than that I like a broad spectrum but I don't believe I've had any cigars with Mexican binder or fillers.

CincySyd

'The $5 limit cigar guy'
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine there is a lot of misinformation circulating out there, considering the complexity of cigars in general. To the guy who said he hadn't tried Mexican filler or binder, you are missing out. There is no rule of thumb, since every vitola has its pedigree & often blenders like AJ Fernandez or other less God-like blenders use a mix of tobaccos from all over in one stick & construct puros in another blend. Torano has a blend called Loyal that has one size with a different wrapper than the rest of the sizes of the same blend. That is the Torano Loyal 'Aged Ligero' robusto. I'm sure there are other examples of this. By the way, Crowned Heads Four Kicks & others ARE Dominican made, using Nicaraguan long fillers. Begs the question, is filler origin or place of manufacture the determining factor? I say filler, so Crowned Heads are Nicaraguan in my world.
The only puros I like are Dominican; AF, Crown Heads...othere than that I like a broad spectrum but I don't believe I've had any cigars with Mexican binder or fillers.